B-747 landing at Gatwick

mikee

fantastic shots!

Thanks timmo, glad you like them! I have a question concerning my processor i have just overclocked it , an i7-3770k up to 4.5ghz,and it runs very smooth! I am just wandering i am getting temperature fluctuation from 65C up to 82C (on air cooling) when i run the prime95 test Is this normal? When i run fsx does the temperatures go that high?

Cracking shots Mikee.

P.s FSX wont drive 100% on all cores like Prime95 does so temps should be a touch cooler than that as its not as stressful. 82 is a bit high Ivy likes to be under 80 in the main. Try dropping your Voltage bit by bit until you become unstable then knock it up until you are.

Thanks timmo, glad you like them! I have a question concerning my processor i have just overclocked it , an i7-3770k up to 4.5ghz,and it runs very smooth! I am just wandering i am getting temperature fluctuation from 65C up to 82C (on air cooling) when i run the prime95 test Is this normal? When i run fsx does the temperatures go that high?

hello mikee,great see you reached 4.5 gigs,prime95 test is awesome feature to use to stress your cpu to the max,82c is starting to get a little high,ive been told that the ivy bridge chips run a little hotter the for example when compared to a sandybridge,my sandy bridge is aircooled and runs a max temp of 65 c at 4.6,as long as your chip is stable and the v core volts are stable,voltage is wat causes the heat,my ivybridge pc has a liquid cooler installed and i would recommend that you install one too,the cooler the chip runs the longer it will last,i plan on overclocking mine this weekend,and i will give you some feedback on temps,i plan on going up to 4.8 gigs,tho we will have to see what temps i get,if it runs high temps at that speed then i will back it off a notch,i heard from a couple of friends who are computer techs say that these chips run hotter and can handle more heat,but just play safe mate i would install a liquid cooler and you should be ok :) i will let you know how i go mate with mine takecare :)

hello mikee,great see you reached 4.5 gigs,prime95 test is awesome feature to use to stress your cpu to the max,82c is starting to get a little high,ive been told that the ivy bridge chips run a little hotter the for example when compared to a sandybridge,my sandy bridge is aircooled and runs a max temp of 65 c at 4.6,as long as your chip is stable and the v core volts are stable,voltage is wat causes the heat,my ivybridge pc has a liquid cooler installed and i would recommend that you install one too,the cooler the chip runs the longer it will last,i plan on overclocking mine this weekend,and i will give you some feedback on temps,i plan on going up to 4.8 gigs,tho we will have to see what temps i get,if it runs high temps at that speed then i will back it off a notch,i heard from a couple of friends who are computer techs say that these chips run hotter and can handle more heat,but just play safe mate i would install a liquid cooler and you should be ok :) i will let you know how i go mate with mine takecare :)

Thank you very much for your advice, i will be waiting for your reply concerning temperatures. I have reset mine down to 4.2ghz just to be on the safe side, and i got a minor decrease in the temperature in the mid 70'sC now! Still high but i am wandering when we run fsx does the chip runs at its maximum or not!

Thank you very much for your advice, i will be waiting for your reply concerning temperatures. I have reset mine down to 4.2ghz just to be on the safe side, and i got a minor decrease in the temperature in the mid 70'sC now! Still high but i am wandering when we run fsx does the chip runs at its maximum or not!

mikee you could of left the speed at 4.5, aslong as you went out and brought a water cooled unit within a couple of days,fsx always maxes out the cpu speed,well it does for me on my sandybridge,4.6 all the way,i use real temp 34,and cpuid,to make sure my processor is on the ball with speeds :) no probs mate will offer feedback in the next couple of days.

Archived