Round Burnie

Misha Cajic

Thanks Chris, yes I overclocked it myself, I have got it stable and it doesn't even use more than 1.15 volts!

All I can say is that there is definately a difference over 3.9ghz, I just took a heli flight around Tamworth airport and on 3.9 it would drop down to 15-20fps when viewing the whole airport but now it is 27-40fps, very smooth throughout and all the settings were maxed except for water and traffic, i'm very happy with it.

Thanks Chris, yes I overclocked it myself, I have got it stable and it doesn't even use more than 1.15 volts!

All I can say is that there is definately a difference over 3.9ghz, I just took a heli flight around Tamworth airport and on 3.9 it would drop down to 15-20fps when viewing the whole airport but now it is 27-40fps, very smooth throughout and all the settings were maxed except for water and traffic, i'm very happy with it.

awesome misha,did you search the web for your overclock settings?mine is also running at 3.9 boost enabled,will also look at overclocking,thanks for the feedback:) on frames ect!

I just watched a few vids on overclocking on my particular motherboard, and when i first had the computer went from 3.5 to 3.9. Only today did I put it up to 4.4ghz, it has been running non stop since I did and no instability, also did a prime95 stress test with all cpu cores at 100%, and it didnt go very far above 60 degrees, but that all depends on the cooler (the ivy bridge gets much hotter than the sandy bridge when adding voltage so I advise, have a liquid cooler of some sort, don't add too much voltage) I have set my voltage to offset= +0.075 and it has been going well, but i'd say only increase the voltage a little, and see how far you can OC without instability. When you get to the point where its unstable, stop, put it back 100mhz, test again and if it is stable then leave it at that.

Thanks John!

By the way Chris, I noticed in one of your posts that you said you got the i7 3770, not the 3770k. If you only have the standard 3770 then unfortunately you won't be able to go above 3.9ghz, double check and make sure you got the k at the end :)

I just watched a few vids on overclocking on my particular motherboard, and when i first had the computer went from 3.5 to 3.9. Only today did I put it up to 4.4ghz, it has been running non stop since I did and no instability, also did a prime95 stress test with all cpu cores at 100%, and it didnt go very far above 60 degrees, but that all depends on the cooler (the ivy bridge gets much hotter than the sandy bridge when adding voltage so I advise, have a liquid cooler of some sort, don't add too much voltage) I have set my voltage to offset= +0.075 and it has been going well, but i'd say only increase the voltage a little, and see how far you can OC without instability. When you get to the point where its unstable, stop, put it back 100mhz, test again and if it is stable then leave it at that.

thanks again for the info misha,i got the 3770 k,i made sure of that :),my sig is very outdated will need to update it very soon,i have a liquid cooler installed as i know i will overclock it in the future :)

Thanks everyone, yes I am enjoying the OC Simon, I can't believe I can max out in Melbourne locked at 30fps :)

Very nice trio of shots Misha ::) I have just bought a new processor I7 3770k , and i am about to overclock it! I have a question concerning the turbo mode, have you turn it off so you can have steady 4.4ghz?

Archived