Coming Soon! FTX GLOBE

momo737

John Venema

In 2013 we will be releasing a FTX product that covers the entire world with FTX textures combined from the twelve different regions we have developed since 2008 including England and Wales. It won't be a perfect solution because it is textures only (no landclass, airports, POIs, or geodata), but it will cover the whole globe with Orbx so you never have to experience FSX default again.

It will include custom autogen, 3D lights and some custom trees as well, which will need an installer that manages some global files, but you will be able to uninstall it and revert to default FSX again if you wish.

I am testing an alpha build at the moment and I can promise you most of the places mentioned in this thread look beautiful covered in Orbx textures. I did a dusk flight over the south of France last week and to see all the 3D lights twinkling over villages and towns was magical

The price of this product (less than $200) will include free perpetual upgrades including a constant flow of upgraded airports at key locations around the world, for example Helsinki in Finland or Manila in the Phillipines. We are building a dedicated team of people who will do nothing but work on continual improvements, POIs and airports around the world. Additionally, as Orbx releases the much more detailed and sophisticated regions around the world, we will dip into the expanding texture pool to finesse the global product, all at no charge.

Stay tuned for the formal announcement in January along with many screenshots and some video footage.

If you can imagine your whole world covered in Orbx, you won't have to wait too much longer :)

Zero impact on regular regions Flinty since we're hiring new staff to make this product and we're using existing texture assets.

If anything in 2013 we will release more regular FTX regions than any year of our short history; South Alaska, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and Northern California as well. Our average release rate has been 1.75 regions per year; in 2013 it will be 5+

This has been a product I have wanted to release for quite some time but only now do we have the depth of textures to cover the globe in a semi-realistic manner.

It's an "Orbx Lite" for the whole world, with continual upgrades that will cost twice that of FTX Australia, but gives you the globe. :)

To be honest the price is a bargain especially given we'll be putting people on staff to continually upgrade it. Think of this: if every Orbx customer purchased it there would be sufficient level of funding for further detailed regions, airports and new projects we've always wanted to do. Orbx is stifled by its inability to grow and build more content and this is the vehicle with which we can fund our growth moving forward.

Here's the debut sneak peek shot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

+1

Please take my money now...... :D

We have all just got to be excited about this. I'm in for sure.

I wonder, though, if in the development stage something can be built in to prevent major roads cutting through buildings, or to put it another way, ensurring that buildings are placed alongside roads. I know this was done with another scenery maker's work and if it could be achieved it would make Orbx/FTX sceneries that much better. The buildings most affected are industrial or supermarkets-size buildings.

John G

" costs twice as much as Australia but will give you the globe"

are orbx saying that the globe will compare to all of oz in the SAME level of detail?? if not then its not really a comparison.

However knowing orbx the globe will be a hell of a lot better than default and sounds like an upgrade for my credit card :-(

Why do I feel that something is not quite right with this message? I certainly don't know who Momo 737 is and just feel uneasy about an unoffocial anouncement of this magnitude.

Just my initial thoughts on the matter, would love to have a JV take on this?

Do I understand right, that these textures and autogens are a substitute for the default ones. So can addons like Austria Pro, EarthSimulations or France VFR exist with the new FTX global together? Or will in FTX Central be a new button, called FTX global for example, be added to the other ones exist already AND the default button and I have to press this default one to use sceneries mentioned above?

thanks Kai

Well it's very Early days, but as nice as it looks I was a bit "no way" at this

Posted Image

Afghanistan looks like it's in Europe!

forgive me if I'm, wrong but this comes to mind when I think of Afghanistan.

Posted Image

It's only just alpha so lets see how it progress.

You could name those SS with any name ATM they all look very much alike. Or I'm I missing the point?

Look forward to how it progress's over time.

Ouhhh!!

What about all my UTX and GEX addon ? (newly installed on my new SSD)

8)

He said is like GEX on steroids.

But no landclass, so i will keep UTX just for a little longer.

Sounds great...but how much HD space will it need?

Don

I heard anywhere from 5GB

I see Laos will be included . Is it premature to assume that Southeast Asia (Vietnam , Thailand) will be considered ? Especially Vietnam . That would be a real bonus for all of us "older geezers" who spent a little time in " the bush " . Vietnam and SEA has long been neglected in the flight sim world . It would certainly be a no brainer for me . Really looking forward to this . Thanks to all the ORBX team . It looks like a great year ahead in " The ORBX World" !

Rich

My thanks to the original poster as I would not know about this development but for his topic.

The announcement was imbedded in a topic I wasn't following, I think something like this should have been

announced in a topic on its own, then more people would have been aware of it.

My thanks to the original poster as I would not know about this development but for his topic.

The announcement was imbedded in a topic I wasn't following, I think something like this should have been

announced in a topic on its own, then more people would have been aware of it.

+1

Archived