EU England - Islander

Capt Pugwash

The BN-2 Islander is on discount $19.97 (approx £12) currently as a download from PC Aviator

I am thinking of this for low and slow over my EU England package to appreciate the great scenery and small airfields...

Does any body know how she is on Frame Rates?

She looks like a bargain at that price, jeeze...she even rattles on take off according to the pc pilot review

Any feedback appreciated, I don't want another "white elephant" sitting in my hanger just because it was on offer!!!!

Shaun, this is a wonderful aircraft, well worth getting. My only comment, and it is a comment rather than criticism, is that the VC is not of the highest res that you may experience with the likes of Carenado or Realair. Nonetheless, she is a wonderful plane to fly, with a great soundset. Mind you, at times you feel as though you could get out and walk faster, but that makes it perfect for what it was intended for, island hopping. BTW, if like me, and many others you don't like the blue instrument panel, then there is a black replacement available over at Avsim.

Guys, thanks for the positive feedback....I will likely purchase it today

Two last questions, does it have fully operational reverse prop thrust? and is it compatible with the reverse detents on my Hotas Warthog throttles?

It will make for fun landings on the island beach runways of FTX EU (Scotland???) when it arrives as well!

Meanwhile some grass strip landings in EU England should be quite a challenge with the Islander I feel...

Got it, with a further wee discount for £11 / $17

WOT A BARGAIN...!!!

This is a British built IFR / VTOL aircraft, perfect for exploring low and slow our wonderful British Isles...

It has real character and some great liveries including BA and Shetland isles...

And to top it all two free UK2000 airfields....Bembridge and Old Sarum Airfields

This compliments FTX EU England perfectly!!!

Happy days!

Hi Folks, I'm also interested in the Islander. I don't like to buy software which requires that you validate it whenever you want to install it on your computer. Does anyone know if online validattion is required for the Flight One Islander installation? Thanks Howard

A great plane indeed!

But - one question though:

Does anybody know where to find a good tutorial for it's KN90 GPS...

I know there is some manual included, but it does not really help that much when it comes down to using the KN90 within the sim properly.

It's certainly no must have at all to like this - otherwise - real great add-on, but on the other hand: I'd simply like to learn using this specific GPS correctly.

Cheers, Christoph

I don't say this often, but what a great product, it has awesome frame rates, and looks really great externally, it is a true bush flyers twin.

I just took her to S43, KORS and Concrete, what a lovely experience, coming in at a steep decent at low speed with the panel vibrating away and everything running smooth on FPS so I could enjoy my extremely short landing!

I have NGX, Realair legacy , Waco, B90, RJ, pretty much everything high end, but this "old girl" really is a treat to just fly without any hassle...and its "cheap as chips" !!!

Hi Christoph, I took one look at it and installed the default Garmin 530, as I have done with all my aircraft... simples...

Hello Howard!

Thank You very much!

I have also considered to do so and i guess i will make it this way.

Just thought it would be great to have a proper guide of "how to" for this sepcific GPS.

But as there are quite many people also having troubles getting used to it and with no real solution around, i guess i will indeed use another GPS now for the Islander as well.

Thank You very much again Howard!

Cheers, Christoph

I find the KN90 really easy to use instead.

Did you perform the tutorial flight included in the package? It gives all the basic infos to properly fly with the KN90.

Hi Rosario!

Thank you very much for Your info here!

I actually did the tutorial-flight, but i would simply rather like/prefer to use the GPS properly while within the sim and the cockpit and not "in advance" so to speak via "FSX-flightplanning".

I know i am a bit picky here and i also know that the KN90 database can be updated via Navigraph, so it might not be that bad at all - and yet:

I still did not manage to really get "familiar" with it enough to be convinced of using it properly... it still feels more like some kind of "trial and error" to me.

I may check it out again in more detail though and fiddle around with it again more often - because - and as already pointed out: Besides that i really love this fine Islander very much too! :)

Cheers, Christoph

Edit: Just forgot to mention that I tried to set up the KN90 from within the cockpit as described in the manual - but for some reasons it just did not work out as expected - maybe it's the fiddling around with the knobs or something like that ... but then again I should maybe just retry again adn again - ... HA! Just became really ambitious now in regards to this matter here :D

I must say, if there was one virtual airplane I'd prefer to use with my speakers all the way on full, it would be the BN-2. Matter of fact, I took her for a spin today and sat at 19 MP and prop lever full forward and just enjoyed myself. I live in the States but this plane seems like the perfect excuse to jump the pond and buy England...

Does anybody know where to find a good tutorial for it's KN90 GPS...

Don't know if it's any help, but the Aerosoft Catalina has a KN90-B GPS and comes with a detailed manual. AFAIK this is more or less identical to the KN90.

Don't know if it's any help, but the Aerosoft Catalina has a KN90-B GPS and comes with a detailed manual. AFAIK this is more or less identical to the KN90.

Thank You very much Mark!

Have not had the Catalina in use now for ages - will need to reinstall it... but i guess it's time now to do so!

Cheers, Christoph

i hear that britten normand is producing aircraft again and i would love to see the bn2c -26 in the future for flight sim. does eney body have contact with the bn group so this can be done? the trislander would be nice to see as well the one with the jato pods lol.

chadhittenberger

highman

Hey guys, is it me, or is there some kind of problem with Accufeel with this aircraft. I don't know whether it is a coincidence, but the rattles on landing and TO are so loud I find it distracting. At first I thought it was a problem with Accufeel as i could not reduce the sound, but then even after uninstalling it I found the loud rattles are still evident. So I guess the aircraft comes with it's own kind of Accufeel?? If so, does anyone know a way around reducing the loud rattles? Cheers fellas...

Archived