Can a Twin Beech do aerobatics?

alexf

• 2 weeks later...

You are a talented man Alex! Spectacular photos. I've only had a few goes at photographing or filming displaying aircraft, and it's tricky. NONE of my photos looked anywhere near as good as that!

Also, here is a Youtube tribute to Amanda Younkin Franklin, Bobby's sister.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BY_LGQyxQII

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Amanda

Great photos Alex :)

I know we all have our wishlist airplanes for developers, especially for A2A and their Accusim team...lots of great wonderful possiblities, I would buy any of them in a heartbeat...Staggerwing, Connie, DC-3, more warbirds, Jet fighters, GAs, and so on. Of all the possiblities, I honestly think if they Accusimmed the Beech 18, it would be a best seller because it can cover such a wide range of genres.

Think about it, the Beech 18 does everything...and looks great doing it. It is the classy polished Casablanca-esque exec craft transporting some 40s dame starlet around.(mini bar included..ala mad mad mad world...probably for the pilot if virtual Heidi is a passenger commenting on your flying skills or lack of) It is a dirty beat up old cargo/illicit goods runner. It is an air taxi, going from big international airports to backwoods bush strips.. It is a military transport and trainer...especially if an AT-11 is included. It is an aerial photo plane. It is a skydiver's plane. It was the King Air of it's day. If the 377 is like a 747, the beech 18 would be the beech 1900 of that time. And to top that all off, like with Alex's beautiful photos above....it is one helluva airshow performer....ok i'll shut up now :blink:^_^ ...dream dream of an accusimmed Beech 18

Here is a pic to chew on showing what the 18 can do...those familiar with twins and understand Vmc factors outta like this one.

Posted Image

Cheers

TJ

The death of Amanda is so disturbing..what a loss of a beautiful and talented person. I have seen the shocking video and it is obviously not a fault of her husband..just an engine fire at the wrong time with Amanda in the wrong place. It is good that her husband is getting on with flying life. Obviously I did not know Amanda but I am sure that that is what she would want her husband to do.

Archived