Happy Man

Bassman

Just fitted a new OCZ SSD. Was concerned about how to transfer my effective FSX including Orbx etc over to the new drive.

All I did was an ordinary copy of my FSX Folder on the existing D: drive across to the new F: drive.

I changed the drive letter of D: to I: and then changed the F: (with the copied files) to D: and hey presto

everything worked. Did not even have to apply any registry fixes or anything. Didn't need to change any shortcuts on desktop, FTX Central works etc etc etc.

Probably standard fare for all you experienced "pooter" nerds ;D , but an absolute shock and success to me :P

What system do you use?

Also, I didn't know you could do that with the drive name change.

You might have actually bumped up my decision time on getting one as the dredged reinstall is like going to the DMV for me. I would rather take a bullet.

As I have so often said you DON'T need to reinstall a darn thing.

What Bassmann has done is so simple and just one way of moving you FSX from an over crowded drive to a new or even a SSD.

Windows 7 and in fact many programs are as dumb as ............ as long as they can see the correct drive letter that they were installed to they don't give two hoots.

This is why I always had just the OS on C:\ and backup my registry regularly once a week.

Bruce I would strongly advise you do clean out all your Temp files etc and defrag all your drives

Archived