Full Motion 3D Sim Experience

brett2634

Hi all,

I thought I would share my first experience in a full motion simulator this past week. My wife and I traveled to Pensacola last week to visit our family and while we were there, we were able to visit the Naval Aviation Museum at PNS. I have been several times, but since my last visit, we have adopted an 8 year old, and this was our first chance to take him. They have added two 3D, full-motion sims running FSX using the F18 since I have been. It was $20 for five minutes flying over Pensacola (I would have loved to have flown in the PNW), but well worth it. If we weren't in a hurry, I would have spent more time in the sim.

Here are some pics from the trip:

Posted Image

We were getting a "lesson" on flight-simming. If this lady only know how much time I spend flying a computer:)

Posted Image

Getting settled in. My son was reluctant at this point. I kept saying, "it's just like your 'game' at home."

Posted Image

Glasses on and ready to go!

Posted Image

Climbing out

Posted Image

Barrel rolls

Posted Image

Loop

Posted Image

That was awesome!!! His face sums it up!

If you are ever in the Florida Panhandle, stop by the Naval Aviation Museum and take some cash to for the simulators!

Mate, you've given that boy a memory that will last a life-time.

He'll look back in 50 years and say "I rememeber when me and the old man did the sim at Pensacola, that's what got me started", as he's flying a shuttle to Mars or something.

Great story!

Frank

Archived