NZQN development shots

Interesting design on the runway, is that a helipdad?

No Queenstown's has only narrow taxiways except for one so all the larger aircraft NG's, 320s and ATRs have to back track to either end for take off and for landing. The loops are guidance lines for turning around. The GA generally use the much narrower cross runway and Helicopters operate directly from their hanger aprons.

The AIPs state that aircraft MUST use the provided turning areas when back tracking. If you havnt had a chance do a search on the NZ CAA approach/departure charts for Queenstown. Its a very challenging environment especially with an NG or 320. You won't get anything bigger in there.... but of course with FSX you can try and land anything you want can't you lol

Tad confused, is'nt NZQN already modelled in NZSI? or am I looking at a default airport without realising it?

NZSI and all our regions after the AU series have modified default airports. That means our team have taken the default airports and added a some generic models to add more life to them and enhanced them to better represent the actual airport. This is far different from the individual high resolution airport add-ons we produce after a region is released. The High res airports are customized 3d models of the actual airport and surrounds and use aerial photoreal imagery. These are sold separately to regions

Martin.....what can I say.

Have flown in to Queenstown many a time, cant wait to see the finished product.

There are so many other NZ airfields that need the ORBX touch......would be nice to know what is planned for NZSI and NZNI.

Cheers

Phil

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Great, I am really looking forward to this airport. I've received some great source material that improves the RNP/RNAV procedures I've made for NZQN, so once this airport is released I will be able to blend them into it.

Looking forward to this one.

Archived