More OPUS/REXE madness!

Adam Banks

If nothing else, OPUS has made me re-visit REX[E] and remind myself what a stunning piece of work it is ... well, they both are!

Just so I didn't zoom through the landscape *that* fast, I chose some good old fashioned biplanes - with the exception of the trusty old C-130 workhorse (that can probably go just about as slow!) ...

Ant's (amazing) freeware Tiger Moth - with Pekka Kallasaari's repaint ... over Auckland

Posted Image

A trio of Jankees's superb ZK-AKU repaint (Dave Garwood's Rapide) ... over Rotorua

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and lastly, an "I wandered lonely as a cloud" RNZAF Hercules:

Posted Image

Oh what fun!

Looking good! Pics like these are making me seriously consider Opus... ;)

Thanks for the comments, folks! To be perfectly honest, I think 90% of those shots is REX(E) ... and 10% OPUS. I've had amazing results in the past - without OPUS. What I like about OPUS is the way the weather *engine* works in real time.

For me in NZ (which I think only has 2 or 3 METAR stations) the new REXE weather engine is severely crippled - quite often producing totally inaccurate or no weather at all. I've wrestled with it long and hard, with very mixed results. The OPUS weather engine seems to do a much better job - and kicks off all my REXE textures brilliantly.

I think the value of OPUS is that it includes other popular FSX functions in one package - a good camera system plus vibration/dynamic head movement.

Great pictures Adam!

Thanks for the comments, folks! To be perfectly honest, I think 90% of those shots is REX(E) ... and 10% OPUS. I've had amazing results in the past - without OPUS. What I like about OPUS is the way the weather *engine* works in real time.

For me in NZ (which I think only has 2 or 3 METAR stations) the new REXE weather engine is severely crippled - quite often producing totally inaccurate or no weather at all. I've wrestled with it long and hard, with very mixed results. The OPUS weather engine seems to do a much better job - and kicks off all my REXE textures brilliantly.

I think the value of OPUS is that it includes other popular FSX functions in one package - a good camera system plus vibration/dynamic head movement.

Thank You very much for the info here!

I will purchase OPUS very soon too as i am really very interested in all it has to offer!

But as You have also pointed out:

REXEss is - without any doubt - really, really great!

And as there are many issues being addressed and fixed within its upcomming SP1, i assume that also the weather-updates for New Zealand will most likely become noticable better and more reliable than they are currently.

And if not... well then we simply use the best from both worlds combined: OPUS+REX! :)

Cheers, Christoph

Archived