Concrete Muni...On the Ground...Real Life vs FSX Comparison - Part 3, the town

fltsimguy

And I took in the historic town of Concrete, stopped in for a lite lunch and met some locals. There were a few changes since this scenery was build, the town is working to improve its tourist attraction, painting new murals and upgrading the core "main street" but essentially much is the same.

Mural on the "Police Dept" Building...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Police Dept Building...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking down Main Street ...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

Historical Building...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Argerin Building...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Washington Cafe and Bakery...comparison, this building has changed hands, been remodeled, now serves up a great turkey club and wonderful bakery products....and very friendly owners.

Posted Image

Posted Image

AND LASTLY, The Theatre and HUB...comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers Bryan

Thank you thank you thank you for these pics!

No problem, had fun doing it. I was also by Creswell in June and almost stopped in and did the same thing at that location.

I did however, stop by Myrtle Creek, OR and took photos there as well.

Thanks for sharing Bryan! I wished I could visit the town myself in person one day to see what we did virtually.

Cheers

Andreas

Funny, my wife wondered what the heck I was doing driving into Concrete, I told her that it's actually a really interesting town, lots of history, many hollywood movies have used the area for filming....and, well its modeled by Orbx in FSX....so I just have to take the time to look. Once she saw the unique buildings and especially the high school over the highway, she agreed, well worth the stop.

Archived