Qantas and Emirates have tied the knot!

qantas747

Hey Guys,

From 2014, Qantas will end its partnership with British Airways and all QF A380 flights to Europe will be rerouted from Singapore to Dubai.

Interesting times ahead!

/>http://australianaviation.com.au/2012/09...-emirates/

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Ollie

Yuk ! Dubai , it's the very worst place on earth that I have ever visited .

Totally disorganised , rude pushy people , and bodies everywhere sleeping on the floor.

We all did several kilometers being sent from one gate to another , none of the staff had any idea

where our plane was departing from , actually most could not speak english.

Oil = $$$'s ...

It would not surprise me if the currant boss of Qantas has been working towards this end for quite a

while .

And the next planned step is ...

Guess who Qantas will be sold to ?

Cheers

Karol

It will just make it easier to book with Singapore Airlines. Already prefer Virgin to Qantas anyway and will never fly Crapstar.

Couldn't agree more. I have nothing against the Irish, my maternal grandmother having been born there, but there is one Irishman I would like to see deported.

Official QF annuncement within the travel idustry

cid:image001.jpg@01CD8C12.D6027E40

PARTNER INFORMATION

06 SEPTEMBER 2012

**** NEW GLOBAL AVIATION PARTNERSHIP WITH EMIRATES ****

Qantas Announcement

06. September 2012

Dear Partner

Qantas and Emirates today announced a new global aviation partnership that will give their customers a seamless Australian and international network, exclusive frequent flyer benefits and worldâ€class travel experiences.

The airlines will submit applications for authorisation to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and other regulators in order to begin detailed planning to start the partnership.

Subject to regulatory approvals, it is anticipated that the partnership arrangements will take effect from April 2013.

In the meantime it is business as usual.

Pending approvals, Dubai will replace Singapore as Qantas’ hub for services to Europe from April 2013.

Qantas operations to Frankfurt will cease during 2013, with the exact date to be confirmed. Since the launch of the international turnaround strategy in August 2011, Qantas has withdrawn from unprofitable routes. The Frankfurt route has been loss making for some time and is no longer sustainable in the current economic environment. The high cost of fuel, combined with the high cost of not having a geographical hub advantage has significantly impacted the performance of the service.

Two Qantas A380 services per day – one from Sydney, one from Melbourne – will continue to service London Heathrow, operating via Dubai. The new partnership will also allow Qantas to codeshare on Emirates’ flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth directly to Dubai. For Emirates customers it will open up Qantas’ Australian domestic network of more than 50 destinations and 5,000 flights per week.

Customers travelling from Germany after the partnership takes effect in 2013, may have their flight details changed. Qantas will soon provide options for passengers and the travel trade for customers that are affected.

Passengers and the travel trade can continue to book Qantas to Australia and New Zealand with complete confidence.

For more detail please visit www.qantasandemirates.com for a preview of what benefits customers can expect from this new partnership.

Further information and up-dates will be provided soon.

----------------------------------------------

Cheers, Wolfgang

I too believe that the Emirates service is much superior to Qantas, even in economy. Qantas has realised if you can't beat em', join em'. It seems at the moment that some people love the idea, while others are quite the opposite. I'm sorta stuck in between.

Its a funny thing you know, The Irish built the titanic and the Poms sunk it,An Aussie built our flagship airline and it took an Irishmen to sink it .

It takes more than one person to sink a flagship, or it wasn't worthy to be flagship at all.

wolfgang

Archived