A visitor to Sydney

Gold Fazer

Hi Guy's and Girls

I am new here having just purchased FTX Australia SP4, just wanted to post a couple of shots to get used to everything.

This is the iFly 738 in the new Alaska Salmon repaint my 500th for the iFly.

Thanks for viewing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello Gold , a nice paint for sure and one I haven't seen before .

Don't forget to get all those free airfields from OZx and Ant's over at Ozx site for the low and slow crowd . If its your first Orbx your world has just changed .

Do you know about the story concerning this paint (which exists in real life?). If not I´ll tell you because I´ve been to Alaska last year. On one day in 1987 a 737 flew out Juneau, short after departure suddenly a big bang. As no red light were on the flight was continued to Yakutat. After a safe landing they examined the plane and found debris of a big salmon on the airplane. The crew reported that thy had seen a bald egla crossing the flight path but without bird strike. A bald eagle (and there are many in Alaska) dropped the Salmon as he was close to hit the Boeing (that is normal for bald eagles...if they get in trouble with a bigger eagle they drop...to get away) and so the salmon hit the 737.

After that Alaska Airlines decided to paint a 737 in this livery as it was till now unique situation. The Boing is now call Salmon-thirty-Salmon...

Willy

Archived