AU GREEN - The magic is almost here ....

The 3D lighting system is now in place, the landclass being completed and the final texture assets coming in the next day or so. Very close now.

During some dusk lighting testing around Cairns I snapped these shots. Again, 100% unedited, completely as I saw it in the sim. Main trick was to play with weather and vis settings. Using REX/FEX/FSWC. All sliders maxxed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not long to wait now :)

Guest SimFreak

Ah I like the visibility setting. I nearly ever go above 20-30 visibility simply because it makes the distant mountains/terrain looks so great! Wonderful shots. Creditcard at the ready.

I wonder if it would be possible to produce a few high noon shots and maybe different seasons of various places that you think would highlight this package?

Hey!  I can see my house in the second from last one!!  Oh man, its like being 10 years old on the night before Christmas, if you told me right now you had raised the price of AU Green to $200 I would not blink an eye, seriously (Mrs Archie would however cut off my credit card privelages along with a few other things.....)  :D

Wow!

:o :o :o :o

I can see where I live from here (just like Dale!!!) ;D

Can yo put up a few highrise buildings (Hotels & Apartments) ???

along the esplanade?

This is amazing work! :) :)

Looking forward to it!

Thank you John and ORBX team!

Regards and God bless 8) 8) 8)

Alfred

along the esplanade?

Alfred

Hi Alfred, I'll be adding the highrise buildings and the marina in Cairns tomorrow. It won't be perfect, but it will suffice until Orbx or OZx does a proper photoreal Cairns city area.

Thanks for the comments everyone; taking those shots really was a buzz - and that was just in a 80km stretch, hehe!

Great shots John. Nice to see my preset in action - I swear it doesn't look that good on my PC though  ;)

Really looking forward to getting this one - probably my favourite area of Oz.

By the way - you're going to love the new enhancements coming in FSWC+. They will really add to these kind of shots.

Paul

I picked your preset Paul because it has the least amount of milk coloured water at night LOL!

Yeah I am really pleased with my environment right now, the combo I have installed seems to just "click". Tim gave me a bunch of REX skies recently that are just doing wonders with the lighting in the sim, so I'll be saving that set for future use ;) Wait until I start fiddling with REX water ...

along the esplanade?

Alfred

It won't be perfect, but it will suffice until Orbx or OZx does a proper photoreal Cairns city area.

It already IS close to perfect!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

We are just talking final touches!....Thanks for the hope of a photoreal  :P  Cairns by either one of these amazing artists in ORBX or OZx!

Alfred

OK Cairns Marina, shopping district and hotels, base hospital added. Strictly a placeholder for now, but adds a little substance.

:o :o :o

This is so close to real life ...my wife could not even comprehend when I told her this is synthetic scenery! ??? ???  She just could not see the difference between real pictures and this! ;D ;D (Neither can I !!!)  :-\ :-\

Well done and THANK YOU!!

Alfred  :) :)

This is so close to real life ...my wife could not even comprehend when I told her this is synthetic scenery! ??? ???  She just could not see the difference between real pictures and this! ;D ;D (Neither can I !!!)  :-\ :-\

Oh we can make it as real as you want Alfred; it just takes some work to place all the objects. Here's what I quickly cranked out this morning in 5 minutes though ...  as you can see my hotels and marina aren't quite right, so I'll adjust those a little if I have time. Gotta wrote the user manual today though LOL!

Posted Image

Oh we can make it as real as you want Alfred; it just takes some work to place all the objects. Here's what I quickly cranked out this morning in 5 minutes though ...  as you can see my hotels and marina aren't quite right, so I'll adjust those a little if I have time. Gotta wrote the user manual today though LOL!

This is just AMAZING!  ::)

The Blue "Triangle" is actually a public pool recently build by the Cairns City Council.....it is beautiful in your shots as well as in real life!

The funny looking roof is the Convention Center, You even got the "curved" Hilton Building spot on!!!!!

I live just on the hill behind Cairns to the right (Earlville). There is a sports (Footy Ground ) there as well!!!

Congratulations also to the fast multiplying ticks appearing on the green banner!!!!!!

Go John and ORBX Team GOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :o :o

Sorry, got a bit excited there for a second!  :-\

Posted Image

John can you tell me where this location is exactly?  I've been looking on google for 30 mins and cant locate it.  Is it Lake Morris? I cant find any location on the coast south of Cairns where there's hill meeting the coast like this, which makes me think it's an inland lake.

You won't find it south of Cairns. I think that was about 100km north, closer to Port Douglas. Just start from the coast immediately north of Cairns and slew along the coast. Also, you will be seeing default coastlines and rivers, so that inlet may not even exist for you ;)

Archived