Lingering along Arthur River to Milford ...

moonman

Hello Everyone!

As i intend to become familiar with the NGX next i decided to do some “for-fun-only-flights†recently, just before all this “exclusively IFR†times begin.

I tried out one of my recent purchases, the BN-2 Islander, which i really enjoy flying with very much.

As just mentioned:

This was a flight done merely to fully enjoy and explore this great area a bit (again).

I did neither set up the KLN-90 nor COM/NAV, nor transponder …, just some basics such as altimeter, compass, fuel …

I also did not take care about proper arrivals, but(!): They are for sure a great experience when established in proper ways – so if You want to see for Yourselves, just check out this site here:

http://www.aip.net.nz/pdf/NZMF.pdf

… I just realised that i am somehow transforming a little bit into some real flightsimming-nerd recently :D

Anyway:

Everyone, please enjoy!

Upside down … and …

Posted Image

… a passenger’s view: Is this a plane here now or some rollercoaster…

Posted Image

… up and away … take care of the treetops …

Now the only question that remains is: Better setting some flaps here or not… well, maybe next time …

Posted Image

…

Posted Image

… the morning sky, some rivers and lots of trees and mountains just ahead of us…

Posted Image

… another view from the inside – looking below this time though…

Posted Image

… just relax, stay calm…

Posted Image

… ahhh!: A much wider and better view from here… literally breathing in some fresh air…

Posted Image

… from the outside it’s all by far not that narrow…

Posted Image

… Milfor in sight…

Posted Image

… again looking down…

Posted Image

… setting flaps this time, need some save lift-up and yet don’t want to become to fast here as passing along Williamson Point…

Posted Image

… just another perspective…

Posted Image

… Welcome!

Posted Image

... Ground-shadows and FSX :-[ ... really hope P3D, Version 2 will finally offer proper, adequate and overall correctly working dynamic lighting and shadows for ALL objects within our beloved flightsim… :)

Hello Everyone!

Thank You all very, very much for Your kind, supportive and humorous replies!

Great that You liked this little show here!

The water was "tuned" a little bit via FSWC, but besides that it's all pure ORBX and REXed-up stuff, no other flavor enhancers added - or simply said: What else?! :D

And Graeme and Eric:

It sure takes time, but no need to rush, because You/we won't be dissapointed with the NGX.

I even dare saying/predicting:

Once You/we handle this fine tube overall properly, You/we will certainly feel home whenever entering any other tube's cockpit... at least as long as it's a Boeing-type, as Airbus for instance does handle different.

And:

For us simmers it's just that four simple letters that say it all when it comes down to well modelled flightsystems: PMDG!

So let's enter the cockpits! :)

And for now to everyone reading this topic and reply:

Have a good weekend!

Cheers, Christoph

Archived