Is my installing of KJAC Jackson Hole correct ?

Handie

Hello,

I put the 3 unzipped installation files in one folder, then I clicked on the file .exe I got this message that is displayed :

"One or more files are write-protected. Do you want to overwrite them anyway ?"

I answered "yes" and I continued the installation.

When the installing of the first file is complete, I was not asked to go to the second file, but I still clicked on the second file. It did virtually nothing happened.

Same for the third file, I have not been asked to install it, but I still clicked on it and also, as for the second, it's happen nothing, except it was writing that the installation of this file was complete.

I wonder if you think everything went well ?

In the folder KJAC in Orbx, I'm 42 items in the folder "scenery" and 1131 in the folder "texture". Is these figures are correct ?

Thank you in advance.

Sounds about right to me... The first installer has a ton of files (the main scenery files, buildings, models, cars etc) which take some time to get through. Also the overwrite thing is fine... you did exactly the right thing by saying yes.

The other two remaining installers have very few files... so it looks like it hardly does anything, but really it's just moving one or two very large files to your hard drive.

The real test of course is to load up the sim at KJAC and see if you have all the scenery in place... But from what you describe, it should be...

Have fun with it!

Thank you very much for your reply quite reassuring, Rob :)

I was already went visiting Jackson Hole and everything had seemed fine, but I wanted to be sure not to have made stupidity ;)

Cordially.

Hi there guys,

sorry, not sure if this is in the correct part of forum?? Since my problem started after installing the ne KJAC airport, ithought it might be related? ???

i downloaded and intalled the new KJAC airport with no problems, [except i don't know what the new CRM patch means or stands for so i don't know if i have the latest patch installed.]

But when i opened my FTX Central i cget a new window that opens with it called "region File Validation" and i cant change my settings in the FTX Central from default to either NA or Oceania with out an error page saying there is a currupt file.

I would attach a picture to show you but don't know how.

thank you for your time and help

kind regards

Andrew Fletcher

Archived