Not another Stewart flight

bernd1151

I have neglected the old girl for quite some time and while she has been patiently waiting for me, I have tried to get sufficient funds to pay for her engine`s overhaul

Posted Image

But now in the first days of spring here at Stewart I was able to move her into this large hangar to have her engine taken out and the worn parts replaced. I guess I am now broke again, but who cares, she is in flying condition again

I just pick up a few tools, while she sits outside. I know, she cant wait to get airborn,

Neither can I, my babe, neither can I

Posted Image

We throw quite some smoke during start up, but that`s normal after the overhaul

Posted Image

The engine has warmed up and we are ready for our first flight. Weather is fine and we are both in a terrific mood

Posted Image

On the duty runway and cleared for take off

Posted Image

At 45 knots she does not just lift her tail, she gets airborn

Posted Image

Somebody needs to fix the roof of that hangar bevor the next winter season starts again. It`s leaking like crazy

Posted Image

My Do keeps a steady 60 knots on climb out and I reduce prop rpm to below 3,200 rpms before she gives me hell and quits on me. I don’t need that again.

Posted Image

Aaaah, what a great place to be, when the weather plays along. I just made a turn, which is not so easy here, because the surrounding mountains don’t leave much room for that .

Posted Image

Let’s explore a bit of the other side of Stewart, before we call it a day, I don’t want to stress her too much on her first outing after the engine overhaul

Posted Image

Posted Image

And we have made a turn again and head now home. It’s Sunday, so you don’t see much traffic today on that road leading to Stewart

Posted Image

On short final

Posted Image

It’s a walk in the park with almost no wind

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, let’s check the engine now again, but she behaved flawlessly.

Posted Image

Anyone here to have a drink with me :lol::lol:

Thanks guys for your nice comments and John (lifejogger) might be right with his remark that there cannot be enough shots of Stewart. This scenery is so fantastic, it is almost unbelievable.

What am I seeing above the mountains on your takeoff and finals? Are there hot air balloons at Stewart?

Bruce, John (fiftysix) is right, these are bug splats. You get them, when flying this aircraft. That is why the Do 27 is for me still one of the most realistic aircrafts for FSX (although she is originally a FS9 plane). If you don`t treat her like in real life, she will quit on you and you need a mechanic to fix her up again. This guy takes his time, as he has lunch breaks and occasionally has to answer a phone call from his mother. So while he services your plane, take your time and have a cup of tea.

And yes, he will also clean your windshield ::) ::)

Archived