New Add on

Bassman

Ok, just received a new add on about one hour ago...no, not flightsim but my first grandchild being a little girl.

My son-in-law Gift is from Zimbabwe (long way from OZ) however he and my daughter Brooke live here in OZ.

Her name is Tandewe Rose Mathe and everyone is doing well. Tandewe means "beloved" in Gift's native tongue.

Very exciting time.

Cheers Dan

Congratulations to your Daughter and Her Husband and also to yourself and good lady. Also it's welcome to your Grand-daughter. Now you have a big desision to make; what you want to be called?

Grampy, Bampy, Mumpy, Grumpy, The Grumpy will come later when Tandewe Rose beats you to the flight sim and will not let you play.. :lol: :lol: :)

Hi Matthew, is she "Rhodesian", Ndbele or Shona? Does'nt really matter to me but interesting anyway. She would understand my grand daughters name which I now know is spelt "Thandiwe".

My son-in-law Gift is Ndbele and comes from Vic Falls; they have bought a 2 acre block of land near the private school and near the bush and have built a two bedroom

cottage in which they will live when they go back to live in Zim in a couple of years time. They are going to start their own tour and safari business which Gift used to work in as an employee but is now saving here and will start his own business using all the contacts he already has. He is not returning to Zim however until he gets permanent residential status here in OZ. I don't know their ultimate intentions for the grandchildren (presuming they will have more) I think they will try to ensure that all children are born in Australia and then will take both citizenships but that will be worked out over time. I suppose they also have to factor in what will happen in Zim when Mugabe "retires". Funny about you being in New Zealand with a Zim girlfriend; one of Gift's mates is a New Zealander who met Gift in Zim and who now lives here in Melbourne and who is married to a Shona girl!!!!!It is a small world. Cheers Dan

PS: thanks again to all forum members for your kind wishes

Archived