March 2012 Orbx-SCP NZSI Screenshot Contest ((Entries now closed))

I had too many screen shots to choose from, here is my effort.

Kaikoura is Maori for 'Kai'=food and 'Koura'=basket'. Its is an area well known for its Abundant Crayfish and whale watching.

Hope you enjoy my Crayzy_Kaikoura Tour.

NZ South Island

Order Number: FSS0135080

Posted Image

People often refer to New Zealand as "that little country next to Australia", so I wanted to highlight the size and presence of the mountains in this shot by using the smallish 737-700wl departing Quenstown. (trying to sound artistic 8))

Posted Image

Joel Fraser

NZSI Order #FSS0155625

Man, Machines and Nature

If most of us are flying in a virtual world like FSX, it is because we don't always have the financial means to be up there in the sky looking down. In fact, most people look up towards the sky at those flying machines. That is why this photo is taken from the ground looking up towards Mt Hutt.

It was also important to show those little green men (and women) who now populate our virtual world. It not only adds realism, but I think it creates a more dynamic virtual scenery (and photo). After all, the people at Orbx worked hard to produce those moving humans.

That said, this picture was taken at Mt Hutt Station aerodrome. It was early in the morning (around 8:00)

8)

Posted Image

Please be advised that the contest entries will close in 45 minutes from the datestamp of this post. All entries after that time will not be accepted. For the purposes of voting clarity all non-entry posts in this thread will be stripped out ahead of the poll taking place.

The voting poll will be established on Monday and voting will be open until Easter Friday.

Good luck to all the contestants!

Archived