Problems after installing PNW patch 4a

Dieter

Hi guys,

just to clarify: any PNW user can and should use this service pack. The changes around the new payware airports are simply to make their photoreal areas blend in better and to match road traffic etc. Those changes won't make much visible diference to someone who doesn't own the payware airports but they also don't affect the PNW "default" versions negatively. Plus, there are quite a few more updates in the service pack that are of benefit to all PNW users.

In any case, it would be interesting to hear whether anyone else has the same issue as Dieter.

Cheers, Holger

I'm very sorry that I've instigated some confusion.

I found the error in my installation.

I accidentally put two addon folders in too high a priority

- CeyX_RTMM_Library

- EZ_RWY12 Library

Both are additional object libraries for RTMM.

Small problem with S43 after the patch 004a. On starting at this airport the A/C is positioned off to the left of R/W 32 as shown in the screen shot. I do not have the S43 Harvey add on installed so this is the standard PNW airport. I also noticed the partial taxiway on the lower left corner of the runway.

Posted Image

8)

Hi guys,

belay that about the incorrect start position at S43. Checking Google Maps and Airnav - http://www.airnav.com/airport/S43 - reveals that Harvey Field Airport has a turf runway parallel to its asphalt runway. Thus, choosing Active Runway instead of a specific runway or gate start position may place you on the turf runway. The "open corners" on the runway end exits look a bit odd but that's a consequence of having the turf runway connected to the airfield taxiway system so it's a matter of a trade-off one way or the other.

Eclex, we've had two testers reporting duplicate Husky stadiums but it seems that was due to not having installed PNW SP4 prior to SP4a. Might that be the case for you too?

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,

I thought it kind of looked like a runway I was sitting on but the textures are so close to surrounding ones that it is almost impossible to tell it is a runway at least on my system. I'll check out the different runways next time I fly.

• 3 months later...

Hi Holger, I found the problem with the doubling of Husky stadium. I have UTX and they have a repositioning file named QLP1515U.BGL causing the conflict. Renaming it solves the problem.

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you very much for this issue.

Regards ^-^

Chris

Archived