Problems to KBVS

Handie

Hello Xavier,

No, I did not apply the patch again because I had already applied when it was released, as I have not re-apply the library because it is already included and I already have the latest.

Should we still apply the patch again? The library also?

Cordialement,

Nadine.

If your on vaca or holiday since you just spent a lot of time building KBVS, enjoy cause your work looks great. I can deal with the elevation issues and still enjoy the scenery until you or someone finds out whats the issue(s). Great scenery Hugh! Thanks for your hard work on it. :)

same problem here from mesh 10 meters to 1 meter... Got a similar problem on 7S3... try to act on the trame without success too.

And for a first time, FTX gave me a message of a file already installed (BGL and OFF files) and when i retire it, the message comments about another pair of files.

FTX on NA, Patch 004 installed, last library installed...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Strange that some others haven't the problem...

Hi all,

Hmmm......it looks like my default KBVS flattens are showing through. They should be overwritten by an exclude which, for some reason, appears to be not working (guess on my part).

amnetiba: there should be one elevation for KBVS in "Scenery/World/Scenery" and it should NOT be ".OFF" Remove the ".OFF" and you should get the airport back to the right elevation.

Cheers, Neil

I set the resolution of the mesh to 5m (I had left to 2m) and textures to 15cm (instead of 7 cm).

It gives me much better, there is more than a stall at the start of track and nothing else on the track :

Posted Image

Folks, there are two separate issues being noted here. Amentiba's elevation issue is different than Handi's original problem (look closely at the differing screenshots) and is fixed by making sure the KBVS elevation file is not set to .OFF, (as noted above).

The original issue of the flatten not being suppressed at the end of rwy 10 will take some digging into to resolve so stay tuned.

Cheers, Neil

Well, looking at all the above I fixed it myself, the problem of the RWY 10 scenery. I just reinstalled the airport and did not put any patches afterwards. Now it looks good. It seems that each time an airport comes out or new scenery area, a lot of people on the forum say "install the patches" . I guess sometimes it just doesn't need to be done since the patches were before the new scenery. I am a happy camper again!!

C-YA

same problem here from mesh 10 meters to 1 meter... Got a similar problem on 7S3... try to act on the trame without success too.

And for a first time, FTX gave me a message of a file already installed (BGL and OFF files) and when i retire it, the message comments about another pair of files.

FTX on NA, Patch 004 installed, last library installed...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Strange that some others haven't the problem...

I have same problem. Plus no bridge across Swinomish Channel.

Hello dear friends,

Me too I meet the same problem but maybe not also critic that all members, but it's sure that one bug is present.

Here my order installation:

1:

FTX NA KBVS Skagit Regional installed.

2:

My "FTX CENTRAL" switch to ON "North America".

3:

The "PNW004 patch" is installed but not the last library.

4:

I launch my FSX and all around the runways I have a little slope grass.

5:

My ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL is to "ON" and not "OFF".

6:

As Heiko explain to us I run the scenery.cfg validation tool in my FTX and everything is OK because I meet this message: FTX Scenery Library Entries Validated !

So I show you the "slope grass" that I have and of course the same problem that all the other members:

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....23febe05d_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....0c372c916_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....f1c3b8503_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....6a973fb91_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....6fa21025d_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....ee66b41fa_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....149d5ea6e_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....d6bb4bb62_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....d51841e54_o.jpg

Posted Image

Screenshot in HD: http://farm7.static....985741618_o.jpg

Here my FSX setup because my computer is little poor:

Posted Image

My ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL to "ON":

Posted Image

I hope that this little problem will be corrected with one fix or patch because this addon seems very awesome.

A great thank's in advance and congratulation for this new addon, best regards. Olivier.

Hi all,

Hmmm......it looks like my default KBVS flattens are showing through. They should be overwritten by an exclude which, for some reason, appears to be not working (guess on my part).

amnetiba: there should be one elevation for KBVS in "Scenery/World/Scenery" and it should NOT be ".OFF" Remove the ".OFF" and you should get the airport back to the right elevation.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil, i will try it in some hours as i discover your post now... And i'm at office ;) Will investigate the scenery folder and give you a feed back

Just to make sure - please run the scenery.cfg validation tool in FTX Central.

Hi Heiko, good idea, haven't done or even think about it ! Will try after the elevation bgl checking and testing ;)

Will give you some feedback about it.

I perhaps have made a mistake while installing : i think i was on defaut FSX and not on NA... First time i do not check (so the lesson to learn : stop being so sure of myself !)

Thanks for your help, perhaps some answer in 10/12 hours ;)

Got same problem on 7S3 with 5 or 2 meters parameters... will check too for bgl and the tool validation ;)

The rest of the scenery is a masterpiece ;)

EDIT : just notice this is the first time too that FTX Central reports an error by telling me i have already xxxxW14xxx.bgl installed : i'm really sorry, better way if i had taken a picture for this error... And when i try to cut and paste thoses files elsewhere just for test, then FTX Central reports its warning on another scenery bgl like 3W5 or other... To check...

Since 2 weeks, i think it's time for me to re-install the whole computer - perhaps a sign...

Ok let me spell it out CLEARLY!

One topic per issue, per person.

We will address the original poster's issue. Everyone else, read along and apply the given solution, or else start your own support topic. If you piggy-back someone else's support issue, you cannot expect an answer, sorry.

@Skullleader - you don't have a problem. There are meant to be ditches at the airport, that is what Hugh has modelled. Please don't look for errors which are not there.

OK, please check if the following file is set to .OFF

you should find it here => ...............\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery

ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL if it is set to off then rename it to .BGL ( rightclick the file and use rename )

ADE_FTX_PNW_KBVS_elevation_adjustment.BGL is not to .OFF but .BGL . It's good.

Just to make sure - please run the scenery.cfg validation tool in FTX Central.

I have run the scenery.cfg validation tool in FTX Central and it's good also.

I can confirm by deselecting Ozx NA from my scenery library the problem is gone.

What if you want to use both ? Can we just unactivate Skagit from OZx NA ?

As a follow-up to what seems to cause the issue, can KBVS and the coming 74S be designed or have the ability to work with Ozx NA either by changes to the Ozx scenery or the KBVS/74S scenery via a patch or something like that?

I can confirm by deselecting Ozx NA from my scenery library the problem is gone.

As a follow-up to what seems to cause the issue, can KBVS and the coming 74S be designed or have the ability to work with Ozx NA either by changes to the Ozx scenery or the KBVS/74S scenery via a patch or something like that?

Will first try the other solutions before, but if no progress will try without OZx NA...

Hello dear friends,

@Skullleader - you don't have a problem. There are meant to be ditches at the airport, that is what Hugh has modelled. Please don't look for errors which are not there.

In first, I would like to thank's John Venema for her answer. Ouf I can breath now because it's a great stress when one addon don't work correctly...

I hope that the other members who meet these problems find a good final's solution.

I don't know if this information can help but since I use the FTX's addon of the USA I do not installed the addon of OZx, I use only the addons of FTX for the USA.

And since I use these addons for the USA I don't use the addons for the Australia, maybe it's more simple like this.

Once again a great thank's for the assistance and I hope that all the problems will be resolved.

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English...

Best regards, Olivier.

I can also confirm that deselecting OZx NA in the scenery library, all becomes perfectly normal, even readjusting the resolution of the mesh to 2m.

I hope that a less radical solution could be found in the future ;)

Anyway, thank you for this lovely scene.

So... The BGL was OFF so i've renamed it. scenery.cfg checked and ok (but still an error message telling me a scenery is already installed) - results : no more holes around the runway but still a little elevation at the end of the runway.

So i decided to unactive OZx NA...

Result :

Posted Image

I hope a solution should be found but i can too reactivate OZx NA once i've taked of ;)

Archived