Morten

As a result of becoming completely spoiled by newly invented PeopleFlow, ObjectFlow, NatureFow stuff...I wonder if it would be possible to put some occasional wildlife into, especially, the NA BLUE area...??!! A couple of bears, moose, dear, etc...!

Although the scenery obviously is breathtaking in itself, it really could boost up the experience and keep you awake during hours of flying. In fact, it actually could open up to another dimension in bushflying...finding yourself searching and chasing these creatures - in rare and in limited areas, that is.

Could be really fun! ^-^

Hello Morten.

Well your wish has been granted, and that's going to be great. I was looking at your spec's and wondered if you'd mind putting a picture up of your setup. It must be amasing having 8 monitors and I'd love to see it.

Regards,

Jim.

Somehow the whole thing reminds me of what Microsoft promised us all this years ago: A 'living world with wild animals in it'. Remember? Apart from a few missions that's still an empty promise.

It's just that I have a lot more trust in this 'announcement' by John and Orbx. They could give us what Microsoft promised.

Hello Morten.

Well your wish has been granted, and that's going to be great. I was looking at your spec's and wondered if you'd mind putting a picture up of your setup. It must be amasing having 8 monitors and I'd love to see it.

Regards,

Jim.

Here you go, Jim...

Posted Image

this is just the greatest news ever... I hope you guys can make animals randomly walk across runways, etc -- some notes from airnav mention caution deer in vicinity etc..it would be nice to actually have to do a flyover to check for the occasional deer on runway.

this is just the greatest news ever... I hope you guys can make animals randomly walk across runways, etc -- some notes from airnav mention caution deer in vicinity etc..it would be nice to actually have to do a flyover to check for the occasional deer on runway.

Yes, that would be the winner for me as far as 'Nature Flow' goes......seen this situation a few times in real life!

For a number of years -- until Orbx's FTX moved into the area -- I used Holger Sandmann's marvelous scenery software for the Bella Coola valley. One of my favourite features of the CYBD airport proper was the big, lumbering Grizzly bear (or was it a Kodiak?) just off the north taxiway.

The old beast always held a soft spot in my heart, and I still tend to look for it whenever I fly near CYBD. [ Koff-koff! Didja catch that, Holger? ]

Morten, cool rig . I know you say eight monitors but it looks like ten to me . That would be a monitor down by your right hand in the centre consol wouldn't it ?

Yes, you're quite right - those 2 monitors are however connected to my other computer in network.

They were added recently, therefor the mishmash between my signature and the photo.

I should hope that any appearance of wildlife would be sparse and that ORBX would keep the locations as TOP SECRET, please...!! :)

Is the FMC a touch screen?

Dan

No, non of the monitors are touch screens - but I can live with that. One gets easily use to handling everything with a mouse. The setup is configured to include all the monitors as one single dashboard, so it's pretty easy straight forward (except for the 2 monitors connected to the other PC).

When flying IFR it's also easy to program the FMC via the mouse - similar to the Windows Calculator...the less of problems!

Problem No.1, is to constantly tune up the main computer with most recent drivers and maintenance in general, in order to be able to successfully boost up everything to handle resolutions as far as 2 x 1280X3840 + 2 x 1280X1024..! Really a tough struggle - even when running 4.2 megahertz..!

Posted Image

Sorry Morten, but that has to be one of the biggest fire hazards I have seen for a long time mate.

Ha, ha....although it looks scary, I do not exactly agree with you - first of all, the power is needed anyway you put it! - secondly after some advice from an electrician I've had him to increase the power potential, particular within that specific group on the main HPFI power security relay - thirdly, on top of that, there happens to be an internal main switch for the whole "spaghetti junction" which I assure to switch off whenever we go to sleep or leave the house....at least for the purpose of saving power!! :)

But thanks anyway for your concern on this issue!

Archived