The countdown clock

SJT375

Yeah I know. I have already bought 3 airports and then yesterday saw the darn clock and went and bought Warnervale. Darn you JV :lol: Tell you what guys, what airport can I get that is inbetween Cairns amd Brisbane that is big enough to take the 737 or Airbus? I have 1 hour and 30 minutes left!!!!!!

Yeah I know. I have already bought 3 airports and then yesterday saw the darn clock and went and bought Warnervale. Darn you JV :lol: Tell you what guys, what airport can I get that is inbetween Cairns amd Brisbane that is big enough to take the 737 or Airbus? I have 1 hour and 30 minutes left!!!!!!

Easy. YHBA Hervey Bay, which has just has a PeopleFlow patch released.

Thanks JV and the ORBX team for such outstanding products and an amazing sale! I picked up 5 AUS airports that I may not have bought. I'll install them one at a time and explore the area before installing another. Lot's of fun and great scenery to explore in the coming weeks.

When I logged on this morning (USA-West coast) I saw the timer was at 1 hr 44 min and dashed to FSS to grab Tamworth and Jandakot but the sale is over....oppps...AUS time! LOL Though the price is back to normal I'm still picking up Tamworth today, because it's tamWORTH it..!!! :lol:

Wah! It's not fair. I didn't know.

Yep, I'm the one.

Honestly, the only thing I saw was the big banner on the Orbx main page. I haven't visited the forums at all during this sale. The banner said "Ends June 1st" and so I thought it ended June 1st. It's still June 1st where I live. And the banner is still up.

It would be nice if the closing date/time was 11:59pm June 1st in the latest time zone so some poor soul living on some remote island in the Pacific can still pick up some Orbx stuff.

I'm still ready with credit card in hand hoping someone will have pity on me.

Robb "Too Late" Bates

SJT375, I knew that feeling would come to me if I didn't get everything I possibly could. I had a feeling that I would only kick myself for not grabbing it while the price was slashed.

Everything that the Orbx team offers is worth full price (arguably more-considering what your getting with each product). I can hardly wait to top off my collection with the lancair and cushman in the coming weeks. As stated previously, great job Orbx (and all related) for a terrific sale of great volume. It goes to show that you are interested in maintaining a strong relationship with the virtual aviation community and want to see everyone (who is able to) benefit from your truly "one of a kind" software. Thanks again!

Wah! It's not fair. I didn't know.

Yep, I'm the one.

Honestly, the only thing I saw was the big banner on the Orbx main page. I haven't visited the forums at all during this sale. The banner said "Ends June 1st" and so I thought it ended June 1st. It's still June 1st where I live. And the banner is still up.

It would be nice if the closing date/time was 11:59pm June 1st in the latest time zone so some poor soul living on some remote island in the Pacific can still pick up some Orbx stuff.

I'm still ready with credit card in hand hoping someone will have pity on me.

Robb "Too Late" Bates

It was lol the latest time zone was taken by our clock, once the clock ticked over, it was not May 31st anywhere in the world anymore.

It was lol the latest time zone was taken by our clock, once the clock ticked over, it was not May 31st anywhere in the world anymore.

Not fair! I was going to buy nearly everything and I thought "They won't enforce the end of May thing" so I was going to buy some stuff today since it's my best friend's birthday, but now I find that the sale closed early. Here in Matabeleland if a sale is set to finish at the end of the month, it takes the stores a week to take the signs down and change the prices. Why do you have to be so efficient? Now I have to wait until the next sale to procrastinate further.

Here's a tip for all the bro's, these guys are really mean and they do what they say. IS that why your economy is in such good shape?

Their has been many postings, advertisements and even a countdown clock. John is right as ORBX has done exactly what they said they would do. It is now June.

I think the sale was a tremendous success and I thank ORBX for it once again.

Cheers :D

lol..I'd have to agree. There were multiple postings here in the forums about the sale ending June 1st, and the advertisement for it said "strictly ends June 1st" ...which would lead me to believe that they would indeed actually end the sale come the 1st of June. I am happy that I was in a position to be able to take advantage of it while I could. Had I not seen the announcement from a fellow pilot where I fly, then I may not have ever even known about the wonderful things that Orbx could do for my virtual aviation experience.

lol..I'd have to agree. There were multiple postings here in the forums about the sale ending June 1st, and the advertisement for it said "strictly ends June 1st" ...which would lead me to believe that they would indeed actually end the sale come the 1st of June. I am happy that I was in a position to be able to take advantage of it while I could. Had I not seen the announcement from a fellow pilot where I fly, then I may not have ever even known about the wonderful things that Orbx could do for my virtual aviation experience.

true, but seriously, if you see a sale up on the first of may, and you see that it ends on the first of june on the banner, why would you wait until the first of june to buy anything?

Well put. I left that part out, because you just never know how someone is sitting financially when it comes to something like that.. But I totally agree. Especially at the prices that they were giving stuff away at.. Just goes to show how much Orbx wants to see as many people be able to enjoy their product as possible. Heck, they got me! :lol:

Ok, now I feel like you guys are making fun of us. Telling us to save 15% on CRM if we order in pre-pay, AND YOU AREN'T EVEN GIVING US A CLOCK

Look into threads from the past and you will find out the reason's behind this new campaign.

The reason behind the 15% off on CRM is well documented already in previous threads.

Cheers :D

Archived