FTX Freeware Version 1.2

John Venema

[glow=orange,2,300]UPDATE: 26-June-08:[/glow] As you are aware the 1.2 release has been taken off our servers and we will soon be announcing a new structure to the freeware program. Thanks so much for all your comments below, which were made at the time of the initial 1.2 release. We hope to offer an alternative freeware download very soon.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just purchased the Carenado Mooney and was just about to get the VC fom Russ when I saw the thread - downloading now from UK - slow, but I'm sure we'll get there soon and *THEN* I will tell the rest of my community over here  ::)  Many thanks gents.

Maurice.

downloading as we speak(type) In advance thanks guys for a great effort, I know you wont take my money, it surely is worth heaps, so I give you a warm thank you, your efforts will be very much appreciated, cheers to all THANKS

Thanks SO much to all..5 mins left in download and then...ARGGHH  off to work  :(

but lots of weekend time to play!

I have a feeling Mondays just got a whole lot for interesting..

Dave

Quick question - FTX Mode on or off for install?

No need to switch off FTX as far as I know

Just make sure you have at least 1 Gig of extra HD space available ;) and after install fire up fsX let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase, when finished you can go Flying, Advised is that you run a Defrag after that, this to get all files nicely aligned and sorted ;)[br]Posted on: 18-06-2008, 13:40:16

[br] [DOUBLE POST AUTOMERGE:] lol Barry seems we where there at the same time ;D

This is indeed Christmas in June!

Coming down at 380k/sec.........Thank you so much!

Now that this is out, please hurry up with AU Green  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  

Cheers

Butch

just noticed..the Westpac base was the same as previously posted.. did it not make it in this version? or did my install not take?

Dave

What Westpac base Dave? Did you contribute it to the FTX Freeware as per the Community Workshop information we posted on how to do that? Sorry if we missed it, but I don't recall getting anything sent to me about your scenery. We can surely add it to 1.3 though mate.

Guest Aussieman

Where I live Jay 52KBS is normal for broadband. Almost 8 kilometers from the exchange and my street is still on copper wire.

Country areas really suffer when it comes to $elstra.

Cheers

Pat

Many thanks to the Orbx team for your stunning freeware! That's really awesome and generous.

I'm looking forward to the release of YMML and i will certainly buy every Orbx add-on  :)

Downloading now team :D - what a great effort on every flight simmers behalf! To get two fantastic bonuses enhancing the FTX experience on the same day has to be a first in anyone's book! Thanks to all of the team for their hard work & patience with all of us who were trying to be patient. Will be flying VERY early tomorrow morning, as work beckons later on. What a day! I'm knackered - I don't know how the FTX team feels........go & have a great weekend!

The installer doesn't like the freeware sceneries for "Montréal" and "RIBEIRÃO_PRETO" (scenery.cfg)  ;D

But it's easy to fix (and was my fault to have special characters). Just a heads up for those who have also folder names with special characters. It's better to rename them and re-add them to the scenery library before the installation to avoid any problems.

I read the post about a Hobart upgrade. Am I to understand that this is a freeware airport upgrade for BLUE ( adding more airports than the first airport upgrade) and a GA airport upgrade to GOLD? Or a combination of the BLUE airport upgrade and new ones for GOLD??

I hope I "splaind" it right.

Turnip,

The Team decided that having separate packages for Blue and Gold could work "confusing",

so the decision was made to incorporate all freeware into one package, hence the Orbx FTX Freeware v1.2 and thus as from now on irrespective of the region all freeware addons for FTX wil be covered by this packages,

be it airfields or scenery, wil be presented as one package to the public, you can also see this as a "base pack" and with future additions we wil release updates/expansions

so the next pack wil be named Orbx FTX Freeware v1.3 and wil be fully compatible with the now released v1.2.

This package "superseeds" the FTX AU_Blue Freeware1.01, as has been stated you only need to install this and all should be able to see the fields in Blue and Gold ;)

Hope this claryfies things for you a little :)

Archived