FTX Freeware Version 1.2

John Venema

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave,

Re the Newcastle Westpac Base, try this, if ORBX is happy with it they can add it to the next freeware pack as long as Mike is ok with that.

www.voz-ai.org/VASAR/newcastle_westpac_FSX.zip

Posted Image

I believe it will solve your runway issue as well as be a lot more pleasing to the eye!

Cheers

AC

;D

Wow !!!  It's Cristmas in June !  Freeware 1.2, and the new Mooney cockpit all in a a 24 hour period !  Oh frabjous day, calloo,callay, she chortled in her glee ! ( sound of Lewis Carrol, spinning in his grave )  Thank you, thank you, OrbX team and Russ !

LOL

Sue

And... we have liftoff... servers ready to rock on roll on this one I tell ya :)

You are not joking!  I'm getting 850k on a single connection for all but one of the servers, and I'm in the US.

Multiple connections gives me over 5MB/s....

Posted Image

5 MB. D/L Speed?  And just who the H. E. Double Toothpicks do you think you are.... SUPERMAN????  ;D  ;D

DUDE!, I'm on DSL. Remember that? It's like trying to communicate with bailing wire and beer cans.  :o  :P

Well I was one of the keen ones who downloaded it in the first 12 hours - but not to worry - glad you guys picked up on the missing files quickly - thanks for the update!

Look forward to getting the new package when its ready.  :)

Guest Aussieman

And... we have liftoff... servers ready to rock on roll on this one I tell ya :)

You are not joking!  I'm getting 850k on a single connection for all but one of the servers, and I'm in the US.

Posted Image

What is that program you are using to get multiple downloads?? Freew or pay??

Cheers

Pat

What is that program you are using to get multiple downloads?? Freew or pay??

Cheers

Pat

Internet Download Manager

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/

One of the best programs there is and while it does cost a little it's well worth it as I have it too.

It's about 1:40pm melb time. Will I be flying after work at around 6.00pm tonight. :'(. I did not get to download the earlier version.

I have put off taking the wife to the movies tonight to fly the new airports. ;D:D

Or do I take her!!!!

Thanks Rod

Guest Aussieman

I have put off taking the wife to the movies tonight to fly the new airports. ;D:D

Or do I take her!!!!

Thanks Rod

If you wish to be able to keep flying the new airports then I would strongly advise you to take her  ;D ;D.

Cheers

Pat

My download was between 9am and 11am EST... I take it she's a no go?

I think you should be fine, just wait for the patch...

[glow=red,2,300]1.2 Freeware is offline for a few hours - apologies[/glow]

[snip!]

We will also release a seperate patch for anyone who downloaded the 1.2 in the first 12 hours.

[/snip!]

Main issues we've found are missing winsock textures and YMLT is a very old build with no seasons and broken night lighting. Those two are show stoppers enough for us to pull the release and avoid users having to patch until 1.3 arrives. Bear with us, Wolter will be up out of bed in the Netherlands very soon and then it's 4.5 hours till it's uploaded again ok?

In the meantime if you succesfully got the download by all means go and fly and we'll release a seperate patch for the "early adopters" :)

5 MB. D/L Speed?   And just who the H. E. Double Toothpicks do you think you are.... SUPERMAN????   ;D  ;D

DUDE!, I'm on DSL. Remember that? It's like trying to communicate with bailing wire and beer cans.  :o  :P

LOL that was from work....  I only get 2.5MB/s from home.  ;D  I actually work for my ISP, and we do in fact have a SUPERMAN account in our provisioning system which uncaps the cable modems upload and download, but my boss wouldn't like me playing superman.  I get uncapped downloads and 768k uploads the way it is, which isn't too bad.

By the way if you guys want a free download accelerator go to download.com and search for "download manager".  There's a few options to chose from.  Download Accelerator Manager 3.2 looks nearly identical to the payware one I'm using, though I have not tried it.  Both allow you to recover broken downloads and run multiple connections.

The one I'm using has a 30 day trial, plus it's cheap to buy.  Once you get used to downloading via multiple connections you won't want to go back.  Some servers limit the number of connections, but I don't see why because the faster I get the file the faster I'm off the server.

As fast as humanly possible we will provide at least one download link again, you have to understand, the new build has to be uploaded first

780MB up, then I need to download it myself and send it to three other servers as well, so how it will work this time around is, once the final build is up and running I will make it available to the public and slowly but surely the mirrors will become available as well :)

Thanx Guys!

I was just about to do my nightly stint from YSSY to YBBN when I saw this thread. I didn't even know it was being released so soon.

I'm downloading it now at 150kb/sec so i'm happy with that.

Congrats and thanx to all of those talented persons in the flight sim community who spent hours making my dreams come true, YOu Da Man!!!!!

Kind Regards,

Frank

Archived