Cairns - The Hawaiian Style

Variometer

"When I was a little boy" I was a fan of the tv show 'Hawaii Five-O', and because of it's fantastic soundtrack, I thought about creating a remake of the original trailer, using the beta material of the upcoming YBCS Cairns International Airport scenery. I tried to stick as much as possible to the original script by replacing all footage with captured scenes of the expected Cairns scenery. Of course I wasn't able to create the sequences with human beings, but they were  replaced with some shots of airport locations.

Cairns O-Five

I hardly recomment to download the 60fps full hd version from my Vimeo account and watch this clip in full screen and full sound without any stutters :)

Cheers, Andreas

Book 'em, Danno!

Hahaha this is gold mate! Sensational video Andreas, I love how well you have creatively translated the action to downtown Cairns. I also love the close-up of "McGarrett" (aka Russ' new human models library 8)) on top of the Trilogy apartments - very very clever.

As an incidental side note, some of you may know that my other hobby is playing in a local big-band; we mainly play 30's and 40's swing music around the traps. We've been recently playing a residency at a local nightclub, and for a bit of a laugh have been finishing off each week's set with exactly this song. I have just shown the movie to a couple of guys in the band, they are very impressed with your work!

Many thanks for that, I thoroughly enjoyed it ;D

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks a lot mates, glad you're enjoying the clip :)

As an incidental side note, some of you may know that my other hobby is playing in a local big-band; we mainly play 30's and 40's swing music around the traps. We've been recently playing a residency at a local nightclub, and for a bit of a laugh have been finishing off each week's set with exactly this song. I have just shown the movie to a couple of guys in the band, they are very impressed with your work!

You must be joking, right? But that might be the reason, why this intro came into my mind from the very first beginning when I saw the beta version of this awesome scenery. If I knew that before, I would have used your original interpretation of the theme for the soundtrack of the video :)

Cheers, Andreas

Fortunately I use the 'shortened' version of the original intro for my scene script, because I've no idea how to depict the rest of the shown footage with fsx right now :) Thanks to all for watching and commenting :)

Cheers, Andreas

Not impressed. Not impressed at all... You missed the belly dancer... ???>:(

;D ;D ;D ;D  :P

Come on, you don't really prefer a belly dancer to three helicopters with orbx liveries doing a simultaneous takeoff, do you?  :D :D :D

Cheers, Andreas

Not impressed. Not impressed at all... You missed the belly dancer... ???>:(

;D ;D ;D ;D  :P

Come on, you don't really prefer a belly dancer to three helicopters with orbx liveries doing a simultaneous takeoff, do you?  :D :D :D

Cheers, Andreas

You're right. I'm sad to say... ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived