My upgrade for carenado's Mooney.....THE VERDICT!

Russ White

Well, after an amazing amount of interest from the flight sim community, and a huge amount of support not only from all of you, but also from the Orbx team, Jay has played his final card and the verdict from Carenado is in.............Thumbs UP guys :D

This is a happy day for all of us, the cockpit is still not finished, but when it is, JayKae is going to host the download, so you can all enjoy it!

What a ride the last week has been, i cant believe that after only a few days on the forum the thread is now the 3rd most replied to post since the launch of the FTX site! i would like to say a big thanks to JayKae for all his efforts in making this outcome possible, and a big thanks to the rest of you for your support, and lets not forget a nod to Carenado who ultimately had the final say!

I will keep you all posted as to a release date, probably a week or so!

Cheers guys,

Russ.

Excellent, Well done to all especially Jay, and Fernando, I do believe I will now purchase the mooney, I hope other developers who read this post take heart here, the majority of FSX simmers just want to get the best out of the great addon products out there and Piracy or degrading of the product is not what we are about.

cheers

Good result :)  Jay the FS Ambassador ... well done buddy!

I believe this will lead to a lot of sales for Carenado and we as simmers will enjoy one of the finest VC's ever seen. Russell, you're a champ mate, and we all look forward to that shiny red leather interior ;)

No worries guys :) As I said in the other thread, something worth fighting for, I would like to thank Russ for his patience and Fernando especially for the trust and authorisation for this modification. It is amazing what a little patience and some goodwill can do, I hope this will raise Carenado's profile even further than it already is.

Congrats to ALL involved on this mather ...!!!

Well .... Il buy this exellent plane imidiatly .... you know wath .... ? .... Il "never" fly a plane!!! :)

Indeed ... Il fly "only" helicopters ....  ;) .... yes yes yes .... only heli's .... but ..... I looked from the start at this topic and .... was overwelmed by seeing the cockpit .... I looking for more then 100 times the details ..... and was verry disapointed by the first announce .... "tumbs down" !!!

I have folowing the rest of the topic and .... Im so glad to read the positif "tumb up" .... !!!

THANKS for all the efforts and the exellent panel for that plane ... I considder to buy it 2 times .... also to give it as present to a very good friend .... so,he must install finaly FSX on his computer (I hope) !!!  lol

Most appreciatet all the work done so far and will sure come back to .... install the splendit panel!!!

Best regards

Janber

ps.  sory my bad englisch ...  :o

Just got home from work to this great news :D

The mooney was my first payware plane and I have been very happy with it.

Now I can look forward to the upgrade.

A big thanks to Jay, Fernando and of course Russ.

Had a look at your web site, outstanding work, well done!

Great news  :)

I just found this thread yesterday and having purchased and enjoyed many of Carenado's excellent aircraft for a long time I really wanted this upgrade. Although I've had FSX installed for quite a while it's only in the last few days I've really started to use it now that the aircraft, scenery and other 3rd party add-ons are really starting to come together - it was worth the wait!

Many, many thanks to Russ, and Jay and Fernando for helping to make it happen.

Rob

Fantastic news! Just thought I'd add my congratulations to all involved - what a great "win win" situation for the whole community & kudos to Carenado for coming to the party. Smiles all round! ;D

Well what was the Verdict and what is/has been/can be modified  as there doesn't appear to be much different looking as Russ's first images images compared to my cockpit (other than the Obvious Upholstery Colour) .

The list specified by Russ was approved by Carenado however they made an exception for Russ on his mod so I am not sure about yours Mozzie :) I do not want to push my friendship with Fernando either ya know what I mean ?

What I mean is I can't see much different (not that I've gone over it with a magnifying glass) that my stock 'pit apart from colour, but that being said much more detail is had on your own system than can be shown in a screen captured image too.

I'll catch up with russ and see what he's doing maybe I can send him all the hires images I have of the mooney I photographed recently at Wangaratta.

Well what was the Verdict and what is/has been/can be modified  as there doesn't appear to be much different looking as Russ's first images images compared to my cockpit (other than the Obvious Upholstery Colour) .

There are many subtle changes in Russ' cockpit. Have a close look at the weathering, fading, blending, lighting, window textures etc.

I provided russ with a bunch of hi-res shots from a real mooney that I fly. He has done a spot-on job of merging these with the original cockpit. The result is a crisper, more true to life version of an already very good product. There are now some extra switches (the factory autopilot switches just below the throttle/pitch/mixture for example) which also add to the "busy" nature of the cockpit.

Also see how the "gear down indicator window" on the floor just south of the fuel selector is no longer fresh and green, but now dirty and clouded over like the real deal - nice touch.

A few comparison shots follow (Stock is blue, mod is red upholstery) (I just ripped some shots from Russ' original post, and snapped a couple from a flight).

I think it's fair to say that the reduced res of the shots posted in the forum don't do the differences justice..

Hopefully someone on the forum with more technical smarts can explain why increasing the detail level at the texture level will make a really noticable difference when viewing the VC in the sim.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

;D

Janber, the modification is for the FSX version = Mooney 201 M20J FSX. Go to Carenado.com.

It's a great plane.

Sue

Great Sue, thanks for the answer .....  ;)

D/L now ... he he ....

Im looking for a instructor now ..... haha .....

First to find a fuelpump .... lol

Bests

Janber

Well, have put my money where my mouth is, look forward to the upgrade.  Now to get all those Aussie repaints. On a side note, anybody know where we can obtain the paintkit from, cant find one at Carenado?

Now to start the round tassie Orbx tour (Bathhurst Harbour here I come)

Sorry for off topic. But i have a question, don't find anything with Google and don't want to open a topic. It seems like the dome light and the instrument lights are connected ? Shouldn't i be able to control those separate ? When landing at night i like to switch off the cabin light, but when i do so the instrument lights are gone as well. Any ideas ?

I'm incredibly looking forward to this - As an FSX user, I'd not purchased any carenado products until this mooney, as I've been unimpressed by the peformance of 'fsx compatible' rather than built for fsx models thus far - when I heard that Carenado had produced a plane designed for FSX, I pounced immediately and was not dissapointed.

It's a gorgeous aircraft, and this modification only makes it better (also having the nice side effect of removing that dratted mooney window tint! :P) Thank you Ross for making it, Carenado for allowing it, and Jay for hosting it ... and doing some important negotiating work :D.

Sorry for off topic. But i have a question, don't find anything with Google and don't want to open a topic. It seems like the dome light and the instrument lights are connected ? Shouldn't i be able to control those separate ? When landing at night i like to switch off the cabin light, but when i do so the instrument lights are gone as well. Any ideas ?

Yo, am i the only one with this problem ? Looks like a nasty bug to me.

;D 

Has anyone actually been able to download the cockpit mod ? When I click on the link in John's post, the server button just says "soon".  No complaints, just confused... :'(

Sue

Archived