The next Carenado projects revealed

Rimshot

They look nice.  Perhaps they'll be priced as kitplanes, to reflect the likelihood that we'll have to finish the flight dynamics ourselves.

Another way of looking at it is they already are priced as finished planes for the general user, and kit planes for the remainder.  The remainder being the pickier flyers who need that extra level of perfection to enjoy a flight.

As for me, I was perfectly happy with what I got for $35.00.  A plane that flew well, near enough to the numbers, and felt like a Caravan in the air.  I don't ask for much more than that.

I think what a lot of the fiddlers and tweakers forget as they pop up after release and fine tune the models is that if Carenado was to develop models to their standard of perfection we'd all be paying $55 or more for their models.

I happen to think the way things are is fine.

Another way of looking at it is they already are priced as finished planes for the general user, and kit planes for the remainder.  The remainder being the pickier flyers who need that extra level of perfection to enjoy a flight.

Amen to that John !

In reality, if there were no performance charts supplied with the aircraft, only those currently endorsed on the aircraft would know any difference.  ;)

Johno

Talking of Cessna 310`s This one is about to hit the market , very soon!!!                           

Cessna C310R - Coming Soon from MilViz... 

Regards Shaun.

I have Flt Sim Developers V35B v-tail and love flying it.  Anyone else have it?

I have it, I like it. I also have the freeware V-Tail by Brett Henderson and I like that.

I will have the Carenado, the moment it is released and I will like that one too.

I love Carenado to bits!, but I have to wonder if it will get the same airfile as the F33A. I am not so much a fan of the V tail, but I am sure I will fall victim to another purchase! ;D Now the Comander on the other hand! I like this bird, I will be on the list for that! ; ;D

They look nice.  Perhaps they'll be priced as kitplanes, to reflect the likelihood that we'll have to finish the flight dynamics ourselves.

As for me, I was perfectly happy with what I got for $35.00.  A plane that flew well, near enough to the numbers, and felt like a Caravan in the air.  I don't ask for much more than that.

I think what a lot of the fiddlers and tweakers forget as they pop up after release and fine tune the models is that if Carenado was to develop models to their standard of perfection we'd all be paying $55 or more for their models.

I happen to think the way things are is fine.

Fair enough.  It's easy to forget that as prices have crept upwards, $35 is now at the lower end of the scale.  And I'll grant you the Caravan handles well and feels good, though my own take is that somebody on the develpment side should have noticed a cruise speed that's under by 15-20 percent.

The 185 and Bonanza were another story, however - both needed heavy modification (in the case of the 185, a wholesale rewriting by two community developers of the flight dynamics that Carenado then adopted).  To me that's not fiddling, tweaking and fine-tuning - it's a complete reworking of the sort the developer should be doing.

I enjoy my Carenados (especially the 152 and 172, which flew nicely right out of the box) but from now on I'm going to keep my promise to myself that I won't buy 'til after there's been a week's worth of community reaction and maybe a service pack or two.  Not a big problem as long as I know what to expect.  My reaction to the Caravan is my own fault in a way - I'd promised myself I'd hold off, then jumped, and now wish I'd waited a bit.  Though on the other hand, doing my first airfile edits is pretty entertaining.

Final note - I notice Ant's Tecnam Sierra flies right on the numbers and feels like a real airplane, all for $20.  So it can be done...  ;)

Enjoy your flight!

The oval windows on the twin is a dead givaway along with the shape of the windows.  The twin has to be a 400 series Cessna.  Either a 414 or a 421.  Look at these photos, and you can see the oval shaped shaped windows.  http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=Cessna%20414%20Chancellor|Cessna%20421%20Golden%20Eagle/Executive%20Commuter&aircraftsearch=  Mike Gutierrez.

The 185 and Bonanza were another story, however - both needed heavy modification (in the case of the 185, a wholesale rewriting by two community developers of the flight dynamics that Carenado then adopted).  To me that's not fiddling, tweaking and fine-tuning - it's a complete reworking of the sort the developer should be doing.

To be honest: I didn't feel much of a difference between the flight models that came with the 185/Bonanza and the tweaked ones later on. Granted, I only spent very little time with the untweaked version but I certainly believe that the improvement isn't as dramatic as it is made out to be.

Guest bliksimpie

Who gives a damm if we have developers like ANT.. who at least know what he is doing.. and it's been a pleasure flying his plane from day one!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well... Looks like we are not about to get a "Caravan Bush Pack" or something:(  And I waited so much for an amphibious Caravan

The Carenado aircraft is the Grand Caravan with a 4 feet longer fuselage, which doesn't exist as an amhibian version in reality. Only the shorter regular Caravans exist as amphibians. Unless Carenado will release a shorter, regular Caravan there will be no amphibian version.

Those models look fantastic at Carenados site if you don't mind me saying so, they are really upping the game in their modeling department. It's great to see developers pushing themselves in this respect, looking forward to this twin  ;)

Not being a big fan of the V-tail, I do like the polished one with the red tip tanks! The F33 would look great with tip tanks as well! Hint,hint!!!

The V-tail is my favorite airplane, and yes the tip tanked one looks great but any Bo with tip tanks looks great, I couldn't agree more! :)

I have a feeling I'm gonna love this 340.

I did send them an email a while back asking about the Baron and V-tail before they released the screen shots and they said the were going to be working on both of them. So a Baron could certainly be in the works!

Tim

• 2 months later...

Archived