Daylight saving

boetie

Tonight the sensible states in Oz will wind their clocks forward for summer. I effectively lose two hours on Sunday morning. One hour because that's the new time and another hour trying to work out how to change the time on the digital oven clock :)

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, boetie said:

Tonight the sensible states in Oz will wind their clocks forward for summer. I effectively lose two hours on Sunday morning. One hour because that's the new time and another hour trying to work out how to change the time on the digital oven clock :)

what that means unfortunately is that you will get to your Orbx 1 hour before me - even though you only live 50 k away from me

and fortunately - I won't need to lose any sleep tonight adjusting clocks😁

For the uninitiated - boetie lives on the South side of the border between our 2 states of Queensland and New South Wales in Tweed Heads

I am on the Gold Coast - also right on the border - but northside - but we don't use the artificial daylight saving as do NSW and other eastern States

Sooh - until April next - confusion reigns as to what time it is

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John Heaton said:

what that means unfortunately is that you will get to your Orbx 1 hour before me - even though you only live 50 k away from me

and fortunately - I won't need to lose any sleep tonight adjusting clocks😁

For the uninitiated - boetie lives on the South side of the border between our 2 states of Queensland and New South Wales in Tweed Heads

I am on the Gold Coast - also right on the border - but northside - but we don't use the artificial daylight saving as do NSW and other eastern States

Sooh - until April next - confusion reigns as to what time it is

As you may remember John, I own an optometrist business where a sizeable chunk of our clients live in QLD. It's amazing how many people turn up an hour late and even two hours early ....... Heavy sigh :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, boetie said:

And every dang clock in the house. 😄  Then you get in the car and forgot the time changed. 🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Bob Dylan, the times they are a changin.... Personally I'd prefer for all states to not change the clocks, or how about we al use GMT (UST) and just get used to getting up at 2200 .....

• Like 1