Arizona for FSX?

I am wondering if there are any plans for Arizona scenery for FSX. There are still many, many users of that sim and the major airports offered are only for MSFS2020. I did buy the Sedona airport and I long for more in my home state.

Somewhere, I don't remember where, I have seen scenery for the whole state based on satellite photo imagery for FSX and P3D.  Also, Flight Sim Dream Team has excellent scenery for the Phoenix Airport for FSX and P3D. For FSX and P3D there is a lot out there, but you have to search for it and find it.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 5:46 AM, pfflyer said:

I am wondering if there are any plans for Arizona scenery for FSX. There are still many, many users of that sim and the major airports offered are only for MSFS2020. I did buy the Sedona airport and I long for more in my home state.

Pete, you might look at the PC Aviator site. It's a company that sells flight sim stuff. It still has a good selection of FSX scenery. Their Mega Scenery covers most of the USA.

• Like 1

I have a nice scenery for KPHX for FSX & P3D.  Includes the terminals, the tramway, FBOs and surrounding city.  Since it's not Orbx (I wish it were) I'm not mentioning the name, but a Bing or Google search will find it.

Ken

• Like 2

I have used freeware sceneries for KPHX and a few other AZ airports. They are Ok, not great. I have found Orbx to be better. I will continue to search.

I understand that the market demand for FSX is much less than the newer FS2020. FS2020 scenery, by default, is spectacular. After trying it, I just couldn't live with the pathetic ATC and the lack of 2D panels, which I find so much easier to grab knobs and switches with, without hqaving to call up each individual section/guage, etc. I also find 3D panels shaky in even mild turbulence which makes grabbing those things with a mouse even more difficult. Has any of that improved with the countless updates? (Sorry if this is off-topic...)

Thx for the replies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I remember Orbx legend Holger Sandmann stating many years ago, that deserts and barren landscapes are not so good looking as landclass or partly landclass sceneries (what all the Orbx regional scenery pacs for FSX and P3d are). If I remember correctly, this is also the reason, that there has never been a Southern Rockies regional pack.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 1

Flightbeam.  Hope I don't get into trouble for this.  I wish they were an Orbx partner.  For both FSX & P3D.  Maybe MSFS too, I don't know (or care).

Ken

• Like 1