Finally landed one of Milo's Idaho Fire Watch strips

Ha, Milo, I finally got landed at one of your Idaho Fire Watch locations --Sheepeater (IDSHE). I ended up in the rocks, but dagnabbit I did land and walked away. Can't say the same for the plane. Please tell your deer to quite staring, it's embarrassing.

image.thumb.png.43d6e8338857cd633d93bd8bcf320f58.png

• Like 6

Hi Rodger, I also did not manage to land on one of the many Fire Lookouts with a STOL-Plane. Only on a few via Heli. Most of them only reachable via a 4x4 vehicle.

Ref: my screenshots posting of this Addon where-in are included 2 Airstrips nearby 2 Lookouts for successful landing&take-off in a GA-Plane.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey Rodger, 

You walked away! That's a landing in my books.

I've see many a stream people practicing at these strips. They are really satisfying when you nail them.

Good luck on your adventures, Rodger!!

MIlo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nice one there Rodger, like Milo said you walked away, that's a landing......I'm interested to know is there a normal airfield near to these that you can fly out from?...are they alll quite close....

also the other month that guy landed on the tower in I think Dubai, would that be a good plane to use? if so what was it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice one there Rodger, like Milo said you walked away, that's a landing......I'm interested to know is there a normal airfield near to these that you can fly out from?...are they alll quite close....

also the other month that guy landed on the tower in I think Dubai, would that be a good plane to use? if so what was it?

Teh majority of them are in the main area of Idaho. There are 3 that are stretched a bit further south. But, Idaho is littered with airstrips. There is always somewhere to takeoff from that is close.
All locations have helipads and STOL landing strips. The all have rwy starts and parking, Plus they all show up on the msfs map aswell. They cant be tough, but that's the idea. They are all there to help you flying skills improve.

You can see one of the landing areas behind on the hill. But, this is me landing on the road. With the right aircraft you can pull up pretty quick. 

image.png?ex=664ff279&is=664ea0f9&hm=9bf60bc1f7475e1035f5d1d2dc9d38ddc3200e0eb49fcccb1451481ddc7e0bba&

As for Dubai, You should get the DoubleEender, or one of the Gotfriends small cubs like the Savage Gravel.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Milo Taylor said:

Teh majority of them are in the main area of Idaho. There are 3 that are stretched a bit further south. But, Idaho is littered with airstrips. There is always somewhere to takeoff from that is close.
All locations have helipads and STOL landing strips. The all have rwy starts and parking, Plus they all show up on the msfs map aswell. They cant be tough, but that's the idea. They are all there to help you flying skills improve.

You can see one of the landing areas behind on the hill. But, this is me landing on the road. With the right aircraft you can pull up pretty quick. 

image.png?ex=664ff279&is=664ea0f9&hm=9bf60bc1f7475e1035f5d1d2dc9d38ddc3200e0eb49fcccb1451481ddc7e0bba&

As for Dubai, You should get the DoubleEender, or one of the Gotfriends small cubs like the Savage Gravel.

Okay, Milo, Improve flying skills? I am flying all the Fire Watch strips and have disgraced myself at each. How about doing a series of ridiculously easy mountain strips for guys like me who have no flying skills and never will. You know, 1,000-foot strips with perfectly flat surfaces, no marmots running across, and a good coffee shop. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Okay, Milo, Improve flying skills? I am flying all the Fire Watch strips and have disgraced myself at each. How about doing a series of ridiculously easy mountain strips for guys like me who have no flying skills and never will. You know, 1,000-foot strips with perfectly flat surfaces, no marmots running across, and a good coffee shop. 

It's funny you should say that.....STANDBY!!! Rodger! :P

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2024 at 3:08 AM, Milo Taylor said:

okay thanks for that, will get this after the long weekend we have over here.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1