Orbx and Discord

Just an Idea ! - Orbx pound us with new products all the time on Discord

Why Can't you do the same with any upgrades to your - or partners - products

A recent example was the AW Hurricane - I had to go searching Central for the first one this week only 

after I saw that there had been one uploaded somewhere else - and to make it worse - I stumbled on

another one the next day. 

There are other examples - and it's time you made use of Discord like many other developers

• Like 1

I only hear about updates if I open Central, however I don't do Discord.....Aerosoft wanted me to go there for Support, didn't like it, got no support, left the building...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

Just an Idea ! - Orbx pound us with new products all the time on Discord

Why Can't you do the same with any upgrades to your - or partners - products

A recent example was the AW Hurricane - I had to go searching Central for the first one this week only 

after I saw that there had been one uploaded somewhere else - and to make it worse - I stumbled on

another one the next day. 

There are other examples - and it's time you made use of Discord like many other developers

Yes, we post all updates (daily, I might add) on Discord. All partner products are updated within 24 hours of receiving them.

The Hurricane was a specific case, as the package itself had an issue we needed to resolve before releasing it to the public. (First time we've had that problem). It was fixed and the aircraft is up to the current version as of last weekend.

If you have suggestions on what you'd like to see or see us improve, I'm all ears.

Best,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For the record, I don't use discord because I have tried it, and just don't like it. That is of course just my opinion. I do regularly check the forum and fire up Orbx Central when I have need to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Badl4ndz said:

For the record, I don't use discord because I have tried it, and just don't like it. That is of course just my opinion. I do regularly check the forum and fire up Orbx Central when I have need to.

Hello,
first, I absolutely respect your opinion and your choice.

Discord is whatever you want it to be.

You don't have to take part in, or even read the chatter, if you don't want to.
Just like a forum, it is a very useful source of information, but more in real time,
like a chat.
It is quite easy to visit the Orbx channel and read all of Sante's announcements
without the need to read anything else, if you don't want to.
They are here: https://discord.com/channels/830991978337927189/831741424654876692

Personally, I find it to be a very useful tool, during the lockdown, I was able to keep in touch
with friends, using its audio and video calling function, just like Zoom and so on, but free of charge.
I fly online with a friend and we have used it as an audio channel for years.

Personal messaging is another useful function and is entirely confidential.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sante Sottile said:

Yes, we post all updates (daily, I might add) on Discord. All partner products are updated within 24 hours of receiving them.

The Hurricane was a specific case, as the package itself had an issue we needed to resolve before releasing it to the public. (First time we've had that problem). It was fixed and the aircraft is up to the current version as of last weekend.

If you have suggestions on what you'd like to see or see us improve, I'm all ears.

Best,

Hi Sante - maybe I should have clarified a little;)

You might just place the mods on Discord - but why not let the Orbx Discord members know by the email system - that you use to

promote your new stuff? - I am pretty sure I have never had such a notice by email - but bombarded by the same process for new stuff 

this week for example  including today's Multi shot

As for the Hurricane - it is a far better aircraft now and AH should be congratulated - maybe they will upgrade the P51 with the same 

sound package???

• Like 1