Tomb of The Unknown Soldier Changing of The Guard

some great videos there, I have watched a lot of the ones guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier....I did a guard duty in London once when the Queen came through the City in a royal carriage, we lined the route,  I also took part in a military parade in Berlin for the Queens birthday, that involved British, American and French soldiers, I felt very honoured to do both...I sometimes think that some people think these places and events are a bit of a joke and they did sometimes show us a lack of respect but mostly the public were very pleased to see us and cheer us on....Freedom marches around local Towns and my home City were also very proud moments...I'm English but the pipes and drums is an amazing sight and sound, full respect to them to....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, wain71 said:

some great videos there, I have watched a lot of the ones guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier....I did a guard duty in London once when the Queen came through the City in a royal carriage, we lined the route,  I also took part in a military parade in Berlin for the Queens birthday, that involved British, American and French soldiers, I felt very honoured to do both...I sometimes think that some people think these places and events are a bit of a joke and they did sometimes show us a lack of respect but mostly the public were very pleased to see us and cheer us on....Freedom marches around local Towns and my home City were also very proud moments...I'm English but the pipes and drums is an amazing sight and sound, full respect to them to....

You should be honored to serve your country as I was mine Wayne!!!

I'm an American Scot my grandfather came to the US when he was 16. There are a large number Scottish people and pipe bands in the area. Nothing like a pipe band sends chills through one's body.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

I'm only one-quarter Scot (MacDonald - "Per Mare Per Terras"), but aye, weel, then, wen I heer the screechin' o' the pipes, me heirt goes daft. Taing mhòr, Adam.

I'm Scottish, but that doesn't mean I can understand them. 😄

• Haha 3

Honor Guard from 5 Military Branchs (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard) at Arlington

The Prime Minister of Japan, Fumio Kishida lays at wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during an Armed Forces Full Honor Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Va., Jan. 13, 2023.

TOP SECRET DRUM CORPS Royal Nova Scotia Tattoo 2023

• Like 2

the drummers in my regiment used to do a display, in complete darkness but their drumsticks glowed, looked amazing...and remember all these military bandsmen or on parade are firstly soldiers etc and can be called on at any time to go on active service...

• Like 4