PNW Fall City to Anacortes

Hi all,

another simmer posted a great set at Avsim forum flying his C182 from Fall City to Anacortes because he just had installed these in msfs. 

And than I did the same flight in the Eurocopter and in P3d and followed exactly his route. Just for fun and to compare and the TE scenery can compete with msfs, no doubt.

Flying this heli I have to pause the sim to go outside and make the shot, otherwise I would tear away the cyclic and loose control.

2Vzu1C0.jpeg

8qztUqP.jpeg

WIJgqZr.jpeg

Aal9c9P.jpeg

Af1TNls.jpeg

a9f8YUs.jpeg

I think W16 is not modelled for msfs yet, didn't see it.
8tZIc4j.jpeg

jwhvIfb.jpeg

pNucOuj.jpeg

pFYExXA.jpeg

eAdbJ75.jpeg

rfyWkWJ.jpeg

J9lR1NB.jpeg

D6mrH1b.jpeg

Pxk378u.jpeg

LXHUnuI.jpeg

fxGKCZx.jpeg

mLgBer3.jpeg

x3mZuxM.jpeg

0S62t3e.jpeg

Thank you very much for viewing!

Cheers

Andreas

• Like 5

23 hours ago, wain71 said:

some great shots there Andreas, I envy simmers that can fly the Helos...

Thank you Wayne, you can certainly learn to fly the helicopter in the sim. It's not a miracle if somebody can do it.

You can use the R22 or the Virtavia UH60 in P3d, they both work well. In msfs the Bell 407 is very good to fly.

First of all check your joystick on the Win-level and than in the sim. Be shure that you can fully operate all controls.

If your stick has a screw underneath to adjust the friction set it more to "loose" so that you can move it easily.

Always very smooth and careful use of the controlfaces mainly the cyclic which are the 2 main axes of the joystick.

Also operate the governor very carefully which is usually linked to your throttle-keys. In Xplane to the RPM-setting.

If you increase the governor it will climb. If you decrease it it will sink and if you than adjust the vs to zero it will decrease the speed of course.

And now practice, practice, practice....you must watch "what happens if I do something".

There are some nice videos at YouTube. Search for "Cristoph1 ADAC cockpit", this will give you a lot of videos of the EC 145 in a rescueoperation.

And the professional pilots flying it are among the best pilots in Germany. They fly like hell cruising but watch how carefully they do it for landing. 

20 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Really some nice shots there!

Thank's a lot!

18 hours ago, BradB said:

Good looking shots !! .

And thank you John!

• Like 2

thanks for the post Andreas, I may well try again, I had a good helo in XP10 but it doesn't work in XP12 and I had a freeware in MSFS that I could sort of fly but after a reinstall I haven't put it back into the sim, maybe the default one is a bit forgiving to a novice like me?..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

thanks for the post Andreas, I may well try again, I had a good helo in XP10 but it doesn't work in XP12 and I had a freeware in MSFS that I could sort of fly but after a reinstall I haven't put it back into the sim, maybe the default one is a bit forgiving to a novice like me?..

Don't know what you have in msfs, I have the Bell 407 which came with one of the updates. And it's ok, you can use it to learn it.

It's also a nice modell of the 407 and it's the one in my shots from Singapur.

Than you can activate 2 additional settings in the support functions which are to stabilize the helicopters. It's under Pilot Controls 

and it's called "Tail rotor support" and "Cyclic or Joystick support", have it all in German here. This makes it easy.

Than in the keyboard shortcuts setup, I have assigned it to joystick buttons, go to Control surfaces/trimcontrol.

There is a "rotor longitudinal trim" or so which is at the end a pitch trim. 2 keys needed for up and down. 

And lateral rotortrim, 2 keys again. This is something like aileron trim.

So most important: when you take off adjust the pitch trim so that the joystick will be loose in the middle positon while holding the vs.

Aileron trim only if needed.

And last hint: reduce the sensitivity settings of your joystick as far as possible in the setup, just that you can still fly your planes.

In the helicopters it's all about applying only minimal input to the control surfaces. They are very sensitiv.

9 hours ago, boetie said:

That's a great showcase Andreas. Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Thank's a lot Graeme, glad you like it! 🙂

• Like 1