This Week's Meaningless Topic (#163)(Oct 20)

Hi all. Last week, we heard from low and slow flyers--what planes they liked and where they flew them. This week, we give equal time to the Big Air gang, those who fly airliners on commercial routes. So let's have at it!

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC:  if you enjoy flying the airliners, what planes do you prefer and what routes do you most enjoy flying? (Extra credit for those who fly professional-level aircraft with a virtual airline and professional air controllers.)

• Like 3

I use a program called A Pilots Life, currently flying different Airbus's in MSFS & XP12 for Easyjet Europe, I was recently flying for Jetstar Japan  around Japan & Aer Lingus prior to that, I get enjoyment from the fact that it gives me routes and a purpose, otherwise I do seem to be stuck on where to fly the tube...you earn money and basically buy licences for the planes you like to fly, I have previously used the PMDG 737 with Ryanair, I like the idea of a proper scheduled flight that happens for real and set the sim time according to the schedule in the app but use the live weather function...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

For using airliners I still stick to p3d, using either the PMDG 777, QW 787 (both preferred) or Aerosoft 32x (not so preferred). ATC for these is Pro-ATC/X.

I enjoy those routes most which I may be flying in RL in the near future or have been flying in RL before. And in the latter case ideally with proper flight plans like this (collected at the end of the flight):

0lfcMJJ.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1