Nothing has changed

Aussieflyer38

Downloaded the latest MS update last week and finally got to try it out. I still can't get it to work straight out of the box. Small things and to most not a big deal I guess - things like no tool bar, either one MS or Parrell 42, not there anymore, as I said little things, but after a while it just irks me that I can't get a update that works straight away. NZ's new you beaut software Milford Sound, the aircraft are either upside down or in the bushes when it opens, it fixes itself when I select another aircraft, but shouldn't happen. Yes I have had a conversation with the developer. 

I have a question about the default 737. I flew it today and found that a lot doesn't work, it wont track with HDG, Auto pilot is useless, doesn't control anything, even with a flight plan installed, activate it and the a/c takes a new unprogrammed heading, and so on and so on. No problem with the Airbus any of them, well what I've checked so far. BAH!

Well that's my whinge for today, got better things to do with what little time I have, I'm off to fly something that does fly as it should.

Don  

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear that Don. I was going to suggest some actions to take with Milford Sound but if you're in touch with NZA you'll be on to those. The default 737 has me puzzled. I don't have one? Have you downloaded it from somewhere?

Cheers

Graeme :)

• Like 1

What did you do that the universe is punishing you Don?   (Trying to be humorous!)

Sorry, I know how frustrating it is when stuff doesn't work, especially when it is working OK for others.

For what it is worth, I'm not seeing the issues that you are after the latest MSFS 2020 update.  

The default toolbar at the top of the screen works and so does the pop-up round one for Flow Pro.

NZA Simulations' NZMF looks really good on my PC.  (Once I uninstalled the conflicting Asobo version included in World Update XII.)

Sorry I don't know what is going on with your sim, but take heart that it can work.  It just might take a bunch of troubleshooting and perhaps re-installing.

Like Graeme, I am also puzzled about your "default 737".  I have the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS and don't have a 737. 

• Like 1

Hi Don

Sorry to hear of your issues.  I don't see the issues that you were experiencing with the toolbar.

For what its worth, I did see that this was reported during the SU13 beta,  and there was a workaround from a "Mr Fuzzy" that was able to 

restore it.  However , I got the message when I went to the link at the MS site that it was removed or was private.

I am assuming that you also went to the content manager and redownloaded all the items there that are indicated  that are also part of the 

Su13 upgrade.  If you missed that part, then it will take a while as there is a lot to download, but it should solve some of the issues.

With respect to Milford Sound, since New Zealand is also one of the geographical areas that was part of the SU13 update, you will need to again 

remove the Asobo version of Milford Sound 

https://nzasimulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/NZMF_ReadMe.pdf

Scroll down to page 3 for NZMF .

Hope this helps

Pete

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:06 PM, boetie said:

Sorry to hear that Don. I was going to suggest some actions to take with Milford Sound but if you're in touch with NZA you'll be on to those. The default 737 has me puzzled. I don't have one? Have you downloaded it from somewhere?

Cheers

Graeme :)

I don't know mate, at 85 me Covid frazzled brain aint workin so well. When I saw it, my immediate reaction was that I wasn't aware that MS had released a 737, and now obviously by all he head scratching comments, they haven't. I log everything I buy even freebies, and I can't find a source, so I guess it will remain a mystery 🙂  

On 10/14/2023 at 1:54 AM, Matt McGee said:

What did you do that the universe is punishing you Don?   (Trying to be humorous!)

Sorry, I know how frustrating it is when stuff doesn't work, especially when it is working OK for others.

For what it is worth, I'm not seeing the issues that you are after the latest MSFS 2020 update.  

The default toolbar at the top of the screen works and so does the pop-up round one for Flow Pro.

NZA Simulations' NZMF looks really good on my PC.  (Once I uninstalled the conflicting Asobo version included in World Update XII.)

Sorry I don't know what is going on with your sim, but take heart that it can work.  It just might take a bunch of troubleshooting and perhaps re-installing.

Like Graeme, I am also puzzled about your "default 737".  I have the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS and don't have a 737. 

Hey Matt, yep the 737 is a mystery, I'm not spending any of my limited time chasing its origin. NZA is fine, looks great, it's just the start up, and once I load another   aircraft it's all good. Just waiting on NZA to give me an answer/fix, just cose it bugs me. The toolbar thing is another MSFS mystery, if I shut it down, then next time it usually works/appears as normal. The thing that pee's me off, is the time wasted sorting this sh*t out when one could be flying.

Don

On 10/14/2023 at 3:00 AM, renault said:

Hi Don

Sorry to hear of your issues.  I don't see the issues that you were experiencing with the toolbar.

For what its worth, I did see that this was reported during the SU13 beta,  and there was a workaround from a "Mr Fuzzy" that was able to 

restore it.  However , I got the message when I went to the link at the MS site that it was removed or was private.

I am assuming that you also went to the content manager and redownloaded all the items there that are indicated  that are also part of the 

Su13 upgrade.  If you missed that part, then it will take a while as there is a lot to download, but it should solve some of the issues.

With respect to Milford Sound, since New Zealand is also one of the geographical areas that was part of the SU13 update, you will need to again 

remove the Asobo version of Milford Sound 

https://nzasimulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/NZMF_ReadMe.pdf

Scroll down to page 3 for NZMF .

Hope this helps

Pete

HI Pete,

Thanks for the link, some good info there. Unfortunately the way I am at the moment, I have to do a bit at a time. Yep I removed the default Milford Sound and the three   airports, but not sure I the SU13  upgrade that you mentioned, might need to find that and do what I need to do.

Thanks for helping out, I really appreciate it. 🙂

Regarding  NZMS the pic shows what I get on booting it up

Regards,

Don

NZAMilfordSounde.thumb.JPG.fda050ce6d4704f32ef693d6e0fff07e.JPG