Remembering 9/11

adambar

That, was an emotional watch... I stand united with our brothers and sisters across the water and around the world and remember all those that didn't survive that, thanks for posting, it puts things into perspective for sure...god rest their souls...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wain71 said:

That, was an emotional watch... I stand united with our brothers and sisters across the water and around the world and remember all those that didn't survive that, thanks for posting, it puts things into perspective for sure...god rest their souls...

Quite emotional for me Wayne, as flight 93 flew right over my head at about 2000ft on its way to Skanksville, Pa about 30min from me.

• Sad 3

I was working for a NYC newspaper on that day and was, of course, told to get my ass in ASAP.  Drove into the city with another editor whose brother worked in the Pentagon (he was killed when the hijacked airliner crashed right into his office).

The police made me leave my car at Yankee Stadium and let us walk over the McCombs Dam bridge into Manhattan.  We took as subway to Times Square, only first responders were allowed on the subway at that point. I was just before the first tower collapse.  I will never forget coming up from the subway to see a pair of F-15s flying low over us.

I went down to ground zero to help organize our coverage and then went back to the office.

At about 3 AM, we went outside after finishing the last edition.  It was eerily quiet except for distant sirens.  There was an almost snow like fall of ash coming down.  I will never forget that as well as the smell.

We went to find a drink at a bar that had stayed open for us and cops.

God Bless them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1