digital Art

9 hours ago, John Heaton said:

you undercut yourself mate - although I am a man who works many colours - I just love this study - and as I have said before - you have mastered the

control of Hair - aka the kittens - although - this kitten looks like she stems from Melbourne :rolleyes:

Thanks John appreciate your kind comment. Hair takes a fair bit of work and rework to get it right. Actually you're right on the money with Anna, she is a Melbourne girl, I nicked the photo from a friend who met her at a wedding I think it was. In days of old, we used to swap images, before Painter. In those days it was strictly photography, I used to rove the streets of Melbourne taking what i thought at the time, "interesting subjects" both in B&W and colour. I had a huge collection of night time shots of the "night people" fossicking in rubbish bins, sleeping in doorways and the like. Unfortunately I lost ALL of them and many others when a storm hit Ipswich, they were stored under the house that got flooded, lost all except a few my wife took of me finishing the Melbourne "Big M" marathon, but they were damaged and not worth keeping. MY Nikon mysteriously disappeared during our move to Brisbane, the carton also had a lot of images in it. I replaced it with a Canon D7. Last year my wife suggested I sell it as it was just collecting dust now, I agreed, reluctantly, and that turned into a disaster as the guy that bought it, turned out to be a scammer and I never got a cent for it, $5000 down the drain with the lenses. Anyway enough waffle. I'll see wat else I can dig up in the next few days, I am enjoying swapping images with you and our chats. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is all I have found today, but not much time, and I got a bit lost reminiscing with some of the old pics I haven't seen in years. This image of Mia was from a associate shutter bug :) if I remember correctly Anthony Thorton. I really liked it, and asked if I could mess with it.  Say hello to Mia :wub:

Miapainting2.thumb.JPG.63c019082bb575d818892329bc2f21dd.JPG

• Like 2

wow = she can put her slippers under my bed anytime

so Don - although we have had over 450  views - it's probably time to put this thread to bed as well

great subject to both of us but we didn't get too many conversions away from flugging :rolleyes:

Good  luck with the missus and the puppies

Just a final Brush job from me in the school of MR TURNER - acrylic on canvas 38"x 24"

she who must be obeyed - relegated it to my en - suite:banghead:

Isle of San Giorgio  Venice.jpg

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

If you do put this thread to rest, John, I shall miss it. What a display of talent we've seen! Much appreciated.

It's been a bit of fun Rodger, and actually gave me a look into my past, lots of images I had forgotten I hadin my search for my old Painter work. I have one that I will post in a new thread of my daughter and her husband on one of her missions to Africa I think it was - it has to me, great subject matter - tells a story. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, John Heaton said:

wow = she can put her slippers under my bed anytime

so Don - although we have had over 450  views - it's probably time to put this thread to bed as well

great subject to both of us but we didn't get too many conversions away from flugging :rolleyes:

Good  luck with the missus and the puppies

Just a final Brush job from me in the school of MR TURNER - acrylic on canvas 38"x 24"

she who must be obeyed - relegated it to my en - suite:banghead:

Isle of San Giorgio  Venice.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea I guess John. It did one thing for me if nothing else, If I have time, which is short for me, I'm going to try and sort out all my old images into some sort of order, AND I might just dabble a little in Painter 🙂 my hand cramps are a problem, so "little" is the operative word. Just for my own satisfaction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Not everyone's cup of tea I guess John. It did one thing for me if nothing else, If I have time, which is short for me, I'm going to try and sort out all my old images into some sort of order, AND I might just dabble a little in Painter 🙂 my hand cramps are a problem, so "little" is the operative word. Just for my own satisfaction.

@Rodger Pettichord - Thanks for all your comments - that I suppose  - I kept my self and Don amused -  it became a case of self gratification -  I suppose:(

@ Don -   thanks for coming on the ride - at least it created a new thought in you and took you away from the trials and tribulations of

Flight simming problems - and now if you do return to DI - that new PC of yours will scream the pixels around the screen and we all look forward 

taking a look at your archives:D

Having spent around 4 years on the DI work - it was good to return to MSFS and that will keep me happy for what's left of my life

coupled with C.O.D. - Sniper (1-5) - Company of Heroes etc. ;)

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, John Heaton said:

@Rodger Pettichord - Thanks for all your comments - that I suppose  - I kept my self and Don amused -  it became a case of self gratification -  I suppose:(

@ Don -   thanks for coming on the ride - at least it created a new thought in you and took you away from the trials and tribulations of

Flight simming problems - and now if you do return to DI - that new PC of yours will scream the pixels around the screen and we all look forward 

taking a look at your archives:D

Having spent around 4 years on the DI work - it was good to return to MSFS and that will keep me happy for what's left of my life

coupled with C.O.D. - Sniper (1-5) - Company of Heroes etc. ;)

Hi John, I have really enjoyed our "ride", and I think quite a few others have as well. Although not a lot of comments, I noticed you/we have had 577 views, so nice to see we did have interested viewers, but who didn't see the need to comment, so there was some interest there. Hey, I'm no different, I don't comment on all the pictures posted on the forum. Time is my enemy now, my day starts at about six thirty and I'm pretty much done by about one p.m. the afternoon I have to rest, thanks to how Covid has left me. 

So I have to try and squeeze in as much as I can in that time frame, I just mention this so you know why I go missing for periods. I'm actually quite new to digital art, I spent most of my initial entry in sketching, then became interested in digital art, bought Painter and a Wacom tablet and the long journey started - BIG learning curve - hooked! 🙂 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1