Cant find the latest update

Aussieflyer38

Hi guys, haven't been around lately, health issues, but having a better day, I decided to check MSFS knowing there would be a update, and of course I was right. 

Why do  MS have to make these things so damned difficult to find, why not just provide a "click here" box to start the update, God that would be too easy for our customers/

followers, lets do the usual mess them about and completely P*ss them off.

Now, after that little rant, could someone please tell me how to find the "update"- thanks.

Don          

Hello Don

Good to know you are feeling better

The update show appear right at the moment you launch the sim

It should not start but display the update required.

Another thing you can try is visiting the microsoft store or the xbox site and launch it from there

Hope it will be displayed for you soon.

The update in my cased looked like this

tVWZxcJ.jpg

and there is your desired button to click for the update to start the download

After installed visit the content manager an be sure all is installed and updated, I had to installed a couple of things

Hope this works

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

Don when you know a update is pending , always go the MS Store first and update there ; then do the update in the Sim . Also check your content manager for any updates that are needed . Also delete your rolling cache in the Data settings .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hello Don

Good to know you are feeling better

The update show appear right at the moment you launch the sim

It should not start but display the update required.

Another thing you can try is visiting the microsoft store or the xbox site and launch it from there

Hope it will be displayed for you soon.

The update in my cased looked like this

tVWZxcJ.jpg

and there is your desired button to click for the update to start the download

After installed visit the content manager an be sure all is installed and updated, I had to installed a couple of things

Hope this works

Cheers

Carlos

Thanks Carlos, I got that screen, but on clicking the "update" button, it took me to the store, from there I was lost as I couldn't find anything relating to the update, even when I did a search, it didn't give me a link or anything to click on.

Regards

Don

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Don when you know a update is pending , always go the MS Store first and update there ; then do the update in the Sim . Also check your content manager for any updates that are needed . Also delete your rolling cache in the Data settings .

Hi Brad, thanks but unfortunately I have no idea when that update was being released as my wife and I were struck down with some mysterious virus that put us both in bed for twenty plus days, hence I'm trying to catch up now. I'm still in the grip of the rotten thing although a lot better than I was a week ago. My wife is okay now, but   unfortunately I have a way to go, according to the doctors, who don't know what it is, but it leaves you with something like ongoing Covid, you have no energy, no strength, so tired you hardly make it from one room to another. Strange thing is, I never had Covid or anything related to it, got the medics baffled.

Anyway, enough of that, I went to the Store and as I told Carlos couldn't find anything even after doing a search. 

Thanks, regards,

Don   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Hi Brad, thanks but unfortunately I have no idea when that update was being released as my wife and I were struck down with some mysterious virus that put us both in bed for twenty plus days, hence I'm trying to catch up now. I'm still in the grip of the rotten thing although a lot better than I was a week ago. My wife is okay now, but   unfortunately I have a way to go, according to the doctors, who don't know what it is, but it leaves you with something like ongoing Covid, you have no energy, no strength, so tired you hardly make it from one room to another. Strange thing is, I never had Covid or anything related to it, got the medics baffled.

Anyway, enough of that, I went to the Store and as I told Carlos couldn't find anything even after doing a search. 

Thanks, regards,

Don   

On the main page in the lower left should be a button that says Library . Open that up to see your products (MSFS) .

Don.thumb.PNG.490acf8f31e8314fa8ea75ce38a3522b.PNG

2 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks Carlos, I got that screen, but on clicking the "update" button, it took me to the store, from there I was lost as I couldn't find anything relating to the update, even when I did a search, it didn't give me a link or anything to click on.

Regards

Don

Hi Don, I always have the same problem. And when I think I have it sorted, they seem to change the process. The last update sent me to their store, where I got completely lost and found nothing. In the end I restarted the sim and after it again checked for an update, up popped a screen with an update button. One click and it started. Now I know I am getting older, however, I do not think I have lost that many marbles that updating is now so dam frustrating.

Constantly simple should be the goal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tuisong said:

Hi Don, I always have the same problem. And when I think I have it sorted, they seem to change the process. The last update sent me to their store, where I got completely lost and found nothing. In the end I restarted the sim and after it again checked for an update, up popped a screen with an update button. One click and it started. Now I know I am getting older, however, I do not think I have lost that many marbles that updating is now so dam frustrating.

Constantly simple should be the goal.

G'day mate. yep MS really irk me, the way they keep moving the goal posts. I can't remember doing the same thing each time, always different. Anyway I followed John's suggestion and went to the library and updated that way - all good now. Thanks for your comment, nice to know I'm not the only one having those issue's.

4 hours ago, BradB said:

On the main page in the lower left should be a button that says Library . Open that up to see your products (MSFS) .

Don.thumb.PNG.490acf8f31e8314fa8ea75ce38a3522b.PNG

Thanks John got it sorted, never had to do it that way before, so learned something today. Appreciate your help

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

Thanks John got it sorted, never had to do it that way before, so learned something today. Appreciate your help

I hope you and your wife get on the mend Don , and have fun flying in the Sim . 

17 hours ago, BradB said:

I hope you and your wife get on the mend Don , and have fun flying in the Sim . 

Thanks very much my friend, we're heading in the right direction now. Hopefully going to do some flying over the next  few days

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1