MSFS: Fokker Pics

TigerTigerM

I finally found time to take one of the Fokkers out for a fly.

This is the 3 motor Southern Cross, (SC),  'old school' cockpit, which I prefer.

C of G location is critical as regards flight behavior & I left it where MSFS Scenario set up had it. Well forward. This substantially reduced any wallowing behavior.

Also, I read on another forum that there is a manual, [4 in fact], & if you wend your way to:

/Official/OneStore/microsoft-aircraft-fokker-vii/Resources/Documentation

you will be rewarded with well illustrated manuals to assist your understanding of the aircraft.

It is also interesting to see who was involved in the project.

That said, I found the SC pleasant to fly & it looks & feels 'Vintage" in character, & I am still stunned that an aircraft with a wing like an ultra thick ironing board actually flies.

The SC was rather sprightly departing terra firma & I am not sure if that is how the real one behaved, or if this SC has had a few steroids.

I have flown the single engined version & IMHO, it needs a few steroids.
Despite initial quibbles in some early reviews, I feel that the number of variants supplied and the texture modelling does provide value for money, & if a few kinks are ironed out, it will be a worthwhile Classic aircraft package.

TTM (MSFS)

sc-1.jpg

sc-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well T, not my type of aircraft to fly, but I am always interested in the history of vintage aircraft. Your comments are appreciative and, in my opinion, nicely balanced versus some of the good and bad comments/reviews out there. A couple of nice screenshots too!

Landon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks T for the short review. I had the payware Ford Trimotor for P3D (and as far as I can remember, you had her too). This was a delight to fly, as you really had the feeling to have to nurse her up into the air. In theory the Fokker should give you the same sort of feeling. If that's not yet the case, I have doubts that the flight model can be improved, because it's an MSFS plane and the aircraft cfg is not available to the public (us). In this case, I think I pass, despite the cheap price.