10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that seems to be what the reviewer said.

It does not seem "unfinished " to me at all.

For me, having had no time to read the documentation and with no

extensive knowledge of vintage aircraft, it is much too early to comment

one way or another.

And yet you commented defensively anyway. The reviewer knows what she is talking about and has been reviewing planes on YT for over a year. I'll take her word for it.

• Confused 2

Hello,

this is not the Avsim forums, please do not persist in posting the link.

My comment is intended to be a comment based on my opinion.

We can all have different opinions and there is no need to be

defensive or indeed offensive if the comment does not agree

with one's own point of view, or indeed with the expertise of someone who

has been reviewing planes on YT for over a year.

Do you have anything to add that might address the question that is the subject of this topic?

Nick, 

Please don't take my comment as an overall criticism of the aircraft. As an Australian, I was really excited to see it, and bought it immediately. I'm just having trouble flying it. I initially thought there was something wrong with my controls, until I flew another aircraft with no problems.

I did see the review on YouTube, but didn't last the wole way through, and, indeed, I know that AvAngel said it seemed unfinished. I'm going to have another fly of the aeroplane today, and, hopefully, will have more success.

• Thanks 1

If you have FSUIPC 7 you can assign individual slope to the axes, I use it on all the Asobo aircraft to lower the sensitivity, and just about every aircraft flies well enough now. 

Another tweak is to go into the aircraft's folder and find the flight model.cfg file, where you can find the flight tuning section, changing stability and sensitivity values can help, and another cheat is in the airplane geometry section, where reducing or increasing the size of the elevators, ailerons etc can help a flight model. 

Obviously you need to back up any files that you modify in case you break it! 

• Like 2

The plane is a difficult one to fly, we had no doubt about that when we selected her to be a Local Legend (together with Microsoft). But she is such a legendary aircraft (especially the Southern Cross) that we decided to do this anyway, for its historical significance. Real-life pilots have tested the aircraft and they said the handling is pretty accurate, so while she looks like a "simple" plane, she actually requires a high level of skill to fly.

We were able to obtain the original manuals which are also published as part of the plane, knowing the Xbox users will need to go to their PCs to download it.

The team is currently working on a few fixes which we will list once we have prioritised them, though we are finding some of the bugs already being hard to replicate across different configurations. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1