Best driver Nvidia for FS2020, Prepar3D and X-Plane 11

Daviletis

I Would like to know the opinion of the administrators and members of the forum about the best NVIDIA drivers to use them with the FS2020, Prepar3D and X-Plane 11. The best driver that works for three simulators and is get greater number of frames. I do not want it to be a discussion but if an exchange of knowledge and experience.

I have a GTX1660Ti  6GB  and Windows 10.

Cheers

Hi 

This is a very difficult question to ask in terms of "best" , so I am answering it based upon my own experiences 

in terms of satisfactory performance without any artifacts.

I honestly can't say that I have ever noticed that a driver gives greater frames, usually at best some drivers do give a smoother 

performance than others .

The following are what I have used in the last year.  I can only comment on their use in XPlane 11.5 and MS2020.  I do not have P3D

I have a RTX 2060 super 8GB and my monitor is 2560x1440p.

Nvidia

496.76  This is what I currently have installed 

I have seen no difference in fps with any of them, nor any actual other performance issues good or bad.

I'm not one for updating every time a new driver comes out, but I also don't subscribe to the theory of keeping it forever.  So I tend to keep mine reasonably current , if for no other reason that driver security issues  can be an area of concern.  

Also ,  I do other things on my machine , some of which are very graphical intensive.  When that software is updated to the latest version, it also comes with a recommended driver for both Nvidia and Amd.   So in the above list that was why I upgraded from Nvidia 471.11 to 496.76 . 

I hope this is of some help to you.

Cheers

Pete

Edited by renault

I'm running the current release in both machines. You can see the key details in the signature. I haven't found any fresh issues created by the current release. I often run in VR using the Rift S. I have been using P3DV5, XP11 & MSFS2020 over the christmas holidays on the 10th gen machine. I do however have a long standing issue of XP11 hanging when I exit back to windows if I have used VR, but that has occurred regardless of which version of nvidia driver I am using. 

If you don't have any problems with the drivers you have now I wouldn't change them. In all my years of simming I have NEVER seen a driver update that gave any significant  increase in FPS for any flightsim program. All mileage is, of course, variable. But my rule of thumb has always been... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. - Doug

Edited by W2DR
kant spel

It is a complicated subject. So I want to know opinions and experiences with the Nvidia drivers. And as Renault says, it is not the best driver, but the most stable or that works better. You are right, I asked the querstion bad. I think that with your help we can have some conclusion.

The same thing happens to me with the last driver as well as Doug comments. It happens exactly the same.

many of us are using the three most important simulators on the market, and therefore, it is difficult to find a stable driver for all of them.

More experiences please?