Today is MS2020 update date - an Important change to the MS Store

renault

2 hours ago, Bullfox said:

No, that's not it.  Judging by what I read it seems like every time the fix something, they break something else.  Somebody made the comment that it s public beta testing.  

If Orbx comes out with a new airport, I don't have to buy it if I don't want it.  But its my understanding that with MSFS if they add a new airport or some feature I don't use I still have to do a mandatory update or I wont be able to run the program.  Is that correct?

Your first sentiment I would agree with to an extent but the 2 updates since SU5, have seemed pretty stable and haven't produced many issues bar the TrackIR, which is fairly big, albeit the workaround till it's fixed isn't to cumbersome.

Every sim update fixes bugs and improve the core sim, which is why they are mandatory, but before people complain, I am pretty sure quite a few companies only provide support if you are running the latest version as it's hard providing support across multiple versions. As for new content, you can uninstall it, for example, Lepzig/EDDP was an airport added in SU7 but I am going to buy Digital Designs creation, so I just delete it through the content manager. I wish the non-critical parts of the updates (like airports and new planes) were optional when you start the update so I don't waste the time downloading them only to delete them, but as I say they are then delete-able afterwards.

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 1

For me the Sim was amazing on Day One back in August of 2020 , I have gone thru seven sim updates and 6 world updates and my Sim only has gotten better . I have been simming for almost 30 years and have tried all the platforms . Just my 2 cents .....

• Like 6

On 11/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, Sniper31 said:

And something else I just discovered. If you are a TrackIR user, whenever you PAUSE TrackIR (with a hotkey or button on your controls), that will now disable TrackIR in the MSFS Cameras control panel. You then have to open the Camera Options window and re-toggle TrackIR back to on for it to work in MSFS. The best part is you have to do this every time you pause TrackIR OR, if your TrackIR loses focus. <sigh>

Landon

Hi Landon,

my Trackir doesn't even work at start up. And I also haven't found a Trackir section in the Cameras control panel. Could you please advise, where exactly to find it.

Thanks and cheers, Wolfgang 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Hi Landon,

my Trackir doesn't even work at start up. And I also haven't found a Trackir section in the Cameras control panel. Could you please advise, where exactly to find it.

Thanks and cheers, Wolfgang 

Hi there Wolfgang. Let's see what I can do for you...so when you have a flight loaded up, and you are in your cockpit. Move your mouse to the menu bar at the top of the screen (the one that disappears until you move your mouse up there). Then, from that menu, select the Cameras button. In the menu window that then opens, near the top, is the toggle switch for TrackIR that Asobo has added. Also, you can now assign a Hotkey/button to that toggle switch in your flight controls section. This hotkey assignment option is the only thing that makes the workaround tolerable until Asobo actually fixes the TrackIR issue. So, when flying and using your TrackIR when it is active, anytime you want to pause your TrackIR, say to look offscreen at a map or something, take a drink of coffee or tea, or whatever, you press the hotkey or button you have assigned in MSFS to toggle off TrackIR momentarily. Then, when you are looking back on screen, you press the same button to toggle TrackIR back on. It's a similar process to using the Pause TrackIR feature that is built into TrackIR that now doesn't work in MSFS, but not quite as efficient. Hopefully, Asobo gets this fixed sometime soon, although I fear they might make us wait until the next big update. We shall see. 

I hope I explained it well enough. If you still have questions, let me know. 

Cheers!

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Hi there Wolfgang. Let's see what I can do for you...so when you have a flight loaded up, and you are in your cockpit. Move your mouse to the menu bar at the top of the screen (the one that disappears until you move your mouse up there). Then, from that menu, select the Cameras button. In the menu window that then opens, near the top, is the toggle switch for TrackIR that Asobo has added. Also, you can now assign a Hotkey/button to that toggle switch in your flight controls section. This hotkey assignment option is the only thing that makes the workaround tolerable until Asobo actually fixes the TrackIR issue. So, when flying and using your TrackIR when it is active, anytime you want to pause your TrackIR, say to look offscreen at a map or something, take a drink of coffee or tea, or whatever, you press the hotkey or button you have assigned in MSFS to toggle off TrackIR momentarily. Then, when you are looking back on screen, you press the same button to toggle TrackIR back on. It's a similar process to using the Pause TrackIR feature that is built into TrackIR that now doesn't work in MSFS, but not quite as efficient. Hopefully, Asobo gets this fixed sometime soon, although I fear they might make us wait until the next big update. We shall see. 

I hope I explained it well enough. If you still have questions, let me know. 

Cheers!

Landon

Perfect Landon, thanks a lot! I did not think of the menu bar on top of the screen and have always been searching in the Camera menu under Options/General Options. I have also assignet a hotkey, as you have suggested. Let's hope, Asobo will fixe this issue ASAP.

Thanks again, Wolfgang

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 3