FTX Air Race through the eyes of EZCA

Russ White

This is a video i made following the purchase of EZCA camera utility from Flight1 software. A very useful and immersive addon, great for film making and virtual cockpit immersion alike.

Created using Sony Vegas Studio 9 Platinum, which i also recently purchased online and can thoroughly recommend.

Crank up the volume a bit for this one  ;) enjoy!

FSX Air Race

Russ.

Guest Northwest Pilot

Absolutely brilliant piece of work Russ. Many thanks for sharing!

I'll probably watch this everytime I visit the FTX forum for at least the next week or so.

Simply an awsome watch.  :)

Thanks for the reception guys, much appreciated.

stuttering free.......the magic of editing

While i was recording all this footage in FSX it was playing exactly the same as you see it in the video here. I was just very careful to turn off everything that was not in front of the 'camera'. Water was always off (appart from the specific water shots) and for most shots autogen was completely off too (appart from the wider angle, and distance shots)

I used FSrecorder to create the formation flying and you have to have smooth frame rates for that to work while recording the planes flight, otherwise the playback is very jumpy....so no video smoothing tricks used on this one mate, recorded in real time.

Russ.

Russ,

We seem to be kindred spirits. I had a race at the Brisbane docks on my todo list for one of my next videos, already did some testshootings and then filed it away for later, because I couldn't really capture the necessary mood of speed. I swear I never would have reached the perfection of your video, so it's good that I left the idea behind. Every single second in your clip shows your affection to this location, and again this video demonstrates, that it's not only the airport at Brisbane which makes the special appeal of this scenery. Absolute fantastic piece of art. Congrats, Russ.

Cheers, Andreas

this is one of the best FSX video i v seen in a very long time. you surpassed yourself on this one Russ. hat down

PS: funny i use the same technics than you, lowering graphics such as water if i don t have water in my footage etc. but i still have to record everything at 1/4 speed lol

I do own a 'not powerful enought' computer for fsx tho. i m saving for a big boy ! :D

Thanks for the reception guys, much appreciated.

stuttering free.......the magic of editing

While i was recording all this footage in FSX it was playing exactly the same as you see it in the video here. I was just very careful to turn off everything that was not in front of the 'camera'. Water was always off (appart from the specific water shots) and for most shots autogen was completely off too (appart from the wider angle, and distance shots)

I used FSrecorder to create the formation flying and you have to have smooth frame rates for that to work while recording the planes flight, otherwise the playback is very jumpy....so no video smoothing tricks used on this one mate, recorded in real time.

Russ.

Haaa! that explain the high FPS without the stuttering,  that does not take anything away from the vid. it still a fantastic vid.

Keep them coming.....

Just out of interest,  how many man hours did this take you to compile?

Hard to tell really, i did it in bits here and there when i had some free time spread over about 2 weeks.

@Variometer & Xavier - Thanks for your kind words guys, your FS vids are excellent so your comments are much appreciated  :)

Were you using EMBmod to get the lighting the way it was or was that editing?

Yes i was using EMB but i also used some video filters to give a bit more light level and colour saturation adjustment.

Thanks for all your feedback everyone, your too kind.

Russ.

Archived