purchased two Orbx products over two days from the marketplace, was charged, got receipts but the products did not download

I purchased the Orbx LOWI airport and an Orbx aircraft from the MSFS2020 market place over the last two days and got the proper receipts but the products did not download for me.

Steam says that they are not responsible and I hope that someone on the forum might be able to help me.

Thank you

There is no reference to the purchase in the Content Manager or in the Orbx purchase register.

Receipts for the required funds were issued in the proper fashion but the product was not downloaded or appears anywhere as a download reference.

I did click the purchase and down load option at the time of purchase and checked with the bank to make sure that the funds had been taken out.

It all looks to be correct but there is no sign of the download anywhere.

The purchases were made over a period of two days and include the LOWI airport and an aircraft on the following day.

I am not interested in getting my money back but I would like to receive the product that I paid for.

I own three other Orbx products at this point in time and I am now at a loss what to do next.

Please help. Thank you

If the addons are not in your Content Manager then it is assumed they were not downloaded.

Unfortunately Orbx has no control over products purchased through the  MSFS Marketplace so it would be advisable to seek assistance from Asobo/Microsoft.

I would also recommend that if you purchase any further Orbx addons that you buy from Orbx Direct. Orbx has a much greater support assistance base than the MSFS support for all Orbx addons.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, grouseklaus said:

There is no reference to the purchase in the Content Manager or in the Orbx purchase register.

Hello,

there will be no reference to your purchases in either Orbx Direct or Orbx Central, as you did not buy from there.

Please open the Marketplace in the game ands search the Full Catalog for Optica and then LOWI.

You should see these results:

(I have edited the pictures for illustration purposes, I do not own Marketplace copies of either product)

3.jpg

4.jpg

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there will be no reference to your purchases in either Orbx Direct or Orbx Central, as you did not buy from there.

Please open the Marketplace in the game ands search the Full Catalog for Optica and then LOWI.

You should see these results:

(I have edited the pictures for illustration purposes, I do not own Marketplace copies of either product)

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thank you all for your kind help but unfortunately it was of no use to me.

I followed your instructions and looked up the products purchased only to find that I can purchase them but do not own them.

I had tried this search before and t had the same result.

The reason I wanted to purchase through MSFS2020 directly is so that I will not have to deal with my Community folder every time the is an update

from Microsoft. Previous purchases through MSFS had been successful and do show up in my inventory in the program.

I am certain that my purchase funds have hit their target ( MSFS, Steam and or Orbx ) who all are involved in this transaction and I am sad that I cannot find

a solution to an issue that might be not just unique to me. I would certainly be hesitant to ever do business this way again or to suggest this method of transaction

to all other flight simmers who intent to make a purchase this way.

I am not certain who or what is at fault or trying to lay blame but perhaps it would be in Orbx,s best interest to try to fix this issue in order to avoid further complications and potential loss of business. I take it that they are the precipitant of the lion share of the purchase price since it is their product that they are marketing through MSFS.

I am not chasing a refund and my life will go on after loosing a few Dollars but it does leave a bitter taste behind after the journey from pillar to post.

Thank you again and kind regards

K.H.

Helo,

just to be clear, you did business with Microsoft, not Orbx.

If you had chosen to buy from Orbx Direct we would be in a position to help you if something went wrong but

we have no more access to the in-game marketplace or the Microsoft Store than any other customer.

I would advise you to seek assistance from them, perhaps starting by submitting a ticket at the Asobo Zendesk,

or indeed asking a question at the FS forum.

13 hours ago, grouseklaus said:

Thank you all for your kind help but unfortunately it was of no use to me.

I followed your instructions and looked up the products purchased only to find that I can purchase them but do not own them.

I had tried this search before and t had the same result.

The reason I wanted to purchase through MSFS2020 directly is so that I will not have to deal with my Community folder every time the is an update

from Microsoft. Previous purchases through MSFS had been successful and do show up in my inventory in the program.

I am certain that my purchase funds have hit their target ( MSFS, Steam and or Orbx ) who all are involved in this transaction and I am sad that I cannot find

a solution to an issue that might be not just unique to me. I would certainly be hesitant to ever do business this way again or to suggest this method of transaction

to all other flight simmers who intent to make a purchase this way.

I am not certain who or what is at fault or trying to lay blame but perhaps it would be in Orbx,s best interest to try to fix this issue in order to avoid further complications and potential loss of business. I take it that they are the precipitant of the lion share of the purchase price since it is their product that they are marketing through MSFS.

I am not chasing a refund and my life will go on after loosing a few Dollars but it does leave a bitter taste behind after the journey from pillar to post.

Thank you again and kind regards

K.H.

Unfortunately there are a number of people who have purchased items through Marketplace and are in the same position as you. Microsoft are apparently aware that there have been problems with Marketplace purchases and are looking in to it, they actually mentioned it in their recent Q&A. As Nick said, open a Zendesk ticket.

6 hours ago, AndyM01 said:

Unfortunately there are a number of people who have purchased items through Marketplace and are in the same position as you. Microsoft are apparently aware that there have been problems with Marketplace purchases and are looking in to it, they actually mentioned it in their recent Q&A. As Nick said, open a Zendesk ticket.

Thank you all so much for your help.

I never intended to lay blame or accuse any involved party of any wrong doing.

I am just frustrated and upset about the fact that I have to spend a lot of my time and effort only to

try to retrieve something that I legally acquired, paid for and wanted to enjoy without jumping through one hoop after another.

I will try to resolve the issue through Microsoft support channels and might resort to freeware items in the future and pay them

for a drink here and there. They deserve it.

Thank you all again for your assistance and putting a spark of kindness in an old man,s life

4 hours ago, grouseklaus said:

Thank you all so much for your help.

I never intended to lay blame or accuse any involved party of any wrong doing.

I am just frustrated and upset about the fact that I have to spend a lot of my time and effort only to

try to retrieve something that I legally acquired, paid for and wanted to enjoy without jumping through one hoop after another.

I will try to resolve the issue through Microsoft support channels and might resort to freeware items in the future and pay them

for a drink here and there. They deserve it.

Thank you all again for your assistance and putting a spark of kindness in an old man,s life

You may also consider buying Orbx addons via Orbx Direct and be able to get full support not only from the Support staff but also the Orbx community here on the forums.

No need to buy us a beer:lol:

• Like 1

If you sign into https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/?refd=support.xbox.com   using the same Microsoft account you used to make the purchase do you see the purchases listed there ? You won't see the items listed just the purchase of the required credits to purchase the item.

If you don't see them then click on the Returned/Refunded option, if they're listed in there then there may have been an issue with the payment and you've been refunded but just not received the refund yet.

Edited by BobbieH
  • Upvote 1