MSFS: YBBN / Brisbane Landmarks causing FPS to drop to 3, render time to 300+ms approach

Hey guys,

YBBN / Brisbane Landmarks works fine when loaded up from there in the sim. However, when flying to there from somewhere else it takes forever to load, and in doing so causes massive FPS drops (down to 3FPS) and unusable stuttering. Always begins at approximately 120nm out. This is the only payware / landmarks airport that is causing this issue. I have verified and re-verified files to ensure they're all installed correctly. I have uninstalled the scenery and confirmed the issue no longer persists. I have then re-installed the scenery and have been able to replicate it every occasion.

When pressing the escape menu (and the game stops attempting to load the scenery) FPS goes straight back up to 50+ and load latency disappears (as shown below, you can see the massive drop and increase in latency the second the game is un-paused and it begins attempting to load the scenery from a distance).

Does not occur with any other Orbx scenery when flying to it from somewhere else.

Scenery and Simulator are installed on an M.2 NVMe SSD

Processor: intel i9 9900K
RAM: 64GB

GPU: RTX 2080

20210926165702_1.jpg

20210926165715_1.jpg

Edited by Takadiurga
Specs added

• Takadiurga changed the title to MSFS: YBBN / Brisbane Landmarks causing FPS to drop to 3, render time to 300+ms approach

I have just tried a flight from Gold Coast YBCG airport to Brisbane and not experienced any problem regarding  fps/loading.

Maybe Gold Coast at 59nm is too near Brisbane for the test flight but is certainly a fair distance as far as loading Brisbane Landmarks is concerned.

On 9/27/2021 at 12:24 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I would also try it with Developer mode off, and lock the FPS setting to 30fps, and even though you will not be able to see the actual FPS on the screen, you should be able to tell if there is any difference by how the visuals behave.

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the tip! But the issue began before developer mode was turned on, I flicked it on during to show the values above. Remains regardless of on or off :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Takadiurga said:

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the tip! But the issue began before developer mode was turned on, I flicked it on during to show the values above. Remains regardless of on or off :)

did you lock it to 30 though? I don't see it and your specs are better.....