Orbx Central not finding Prepare3D v5 - Please help

Hello,

no, I mean uninstall only the P3D v5 client.

There are four parts, you will see them in the Windows Control panel.

You download will include an installer for the client only, Install_Client.msi.

When you uninstall, your will be asked if you want to deregister P3D, answer No.

I right-clicked on "Install_Client.msi" and selected 'Uninstall' but the system never asked me if I wanted to deregister P3D, it just went ahead and uninstalled the client.  After that, I still see the client in my Windows Control Panel.  Am I supposed to still see it there?

1 hour ago, Centauro_12 said:

...let me add... I never installed it to begin with.  All I did was install 'Setup_Prepar3D.exe', 'Install_Scenery.msi' and 'Install_Content.msi'.  I never installed the 'Install_Client.msi', after I saw your message.

Setup_Prepar3D.exe installs the entire simulator.

If you ran it first, before opening Orbx Central and Orbx Central did not see it,

my suggestion is that you might try reinstalling only the client part, as shown above.

Ok, thank you.  Let me make sure I follow:  Once I have downloaded the P3D v5 and unzipped the entire package to a drive on my PC, do I (1) remove the 'Prepar3D v5 Academic Client', then (2) execute the other .exe components, then (3) run Orbx Central? 

Hello,

assuming that P3D v5 is still installed:

Do this:

6.jpg

and then this:

7.jpg

and then run Install_Client.msi, which you will find in your unzipped download from your P3D account.

If P3D is no longer installed, then run Setup_Prepar3D.exe, as you did before.

I reinstalled P3D and then I uninstalled the Academic Client.  Uninstalling that client removes the Prepar3D shortcut from my desktop and I can no longer access the sim until I re-xecute the .exe.  But then once I re-rerun the .exe, Orbx Central still does not recognize the sim.  I am lost.  I have followed all the suggestions in this exchange.  What am I missing?  

Hi

You have uninstalled the Academic Client, so now you need to reinstall the Academic Client.

If you look at your image below, the 6th item from the top of the list on the right side  is "Install Client.msi" just right click on it and select run as administrator.

image.thumb.png.e843f71e7089352d798235a1b0379c0c.png