Wondering about PG and Blackshark AI in MS2020 ....

renault

The following article I found to be very informative about how MS2020 uses a very different 

technology to create scenery.

It is not a "Deep Technical Dive" at all, but rather an easy to read and informative description

of the basic ideas.

Because of that I thought it would be very helpful for my fellow members .

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Cheers

Pete

Meet the startup that helped Microsoft build the world of Flight Simulator | TechCrunch

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Thanks for posting that Pete, it was very interesting.

Thanks John. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers :)

3 hours ago, BradB said:

I see you are settling in nicely Pete as head of Public Relation's for Asobo . B):D

:lol::lol:

They're a really good bunch and deserve our heartfelt thanks for what they are accomplishing.:)

But I'm sure that in the greater good in the world, having me in charge of public relations for anything

would not be the best of moves - ha, ha .  Diabolical disaster, is perhaps the kindest comment I could make about my chances of

success :lol::D

Cheers John :)

Edited by renault
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, renault said:

Thanks John. I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers :)

:lol::lol:

They're a really good bunch and deserve our heartfelt thanks for what they are accomplishing.:)

But I'm sure that in the greater good in the world, having me in charge of public relations for anything

would not be the best of moves - ha, ha .  Diabolical disaster, is perhaps the kindest comment I could make about my chances of

success :lol::D

Cheers John :)

I know they are trying and I look forward to the second year of development . However my Sim has been misbehaving at times since SU5 and it has been

very frustrating . I mean up until SU5 I had only ONE CTD since 8-20-20 .

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BradB said:

I know they are trying and I look forward to the second year of development . However my Sim has been misbehaving at times since SU5 and it has been

very frustrating . I mean up until SU5 I had only ONE CTD since 8-20-20 .

I hear you John. You are not alone - I have had issues as well. 

And yes , it is very frustrating , especially when you get a CTD.

But as you have no doubt seen , they have acknowledged a range of issues and are planning 

a hot fix  very soon for some of the major ones, followed by additional updates.

So fingers crossed that the sim we all enjoy so much will get back to a more stable and even keel soon.

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What I like about the MSFS developers is, that they are constantly trying to update and to improve their product (FOC). And they are listening to their customers and communicate with them. This is something, not all developers do.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

And they are listening to their customers and communicate with them. This is something, not all developers do.

I agree, especially with the turnaround of this 2nd SU5 hotfix, instead of just leaving it for a later date

Edited by EasternT3
  • Like 1