Landmarks London City Pack

I cannot get the 'London City Pack' to load in Microsoft Flight Simulator. (Post Sim Update 5, post 30 July 2021, Hotfix.)

The flight stops loading at the blue indicator line half way point.

Have to use CTRL+ALT+Del to stop and restart.

Have installed from the Marketplace and uninstalled twice since the Hotfix.

ie This is repeatable.

This issue appeared after Sim Update 5, before the Hotfix.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to the forums

First, please try deleting the content.xml, and the .dat files in the Scenery Indexes folder, and also deleting and turning off the rolling cache.

There are also several topics relating to this issue on these forums that a quick search will reveal.

image.png.c13ef3b5c34b15bdf0c51569946b7b0d.png

Have you removed everything from the community folder and just left EGLC in there and tried? I've also had a few occurrences where the sim appeared to freeze, but recovered after a few minutes, as well as some where it has just frozen and I've had to CTRL+ALT+DEL.

These problems seem to be related to changes to files in the Official folder and/or 3rd party scenery packs.  A veritable minefield for the potential sleuth.  I had to reinstall after I changed some values in the trees file to reduce the tree sizes, once the changes had been made returning the file didn't help as it now had a different date time property.

So... you might need to reinstall in order to get it working, if your experience is the same as mine.

41 minutes ago, John Dow said:

These problems seem to be related to changes to files in the Official folder and/or 3rd party scenery packs.  A veritable minefield for the potential sleuth.  I had to reinstall after I changed some values in the trees file to reduce the tree sizes, once the changes had been made returning the file didn't help as it now had a different date time property.

So... you might need to reinstall in order to get it working, if your experience is the same as mine.

Just to be clear, do you mean reinstall the city pack, the whole sim or both? Thanks

I had to reinstall the sim... but that was a different issue.  I just tested EGLC and London Landmarks together and it is crashing now so no need to do anything, the devs will have to track down the reason for the conflict, so for the time being it seems you will have to choose the airport or the city!

• Like 1

I have the same lading problem. It just stops loading at about 2/3.

Without London Landmarks Pack, no problem.

I doubt it is only for the users who purchased from MS Marketplace.

Edited by ssy523
  • Like 1

Flew last night without photogrammetry no problems. If it's crashing for you without pg then chances are a 3rd party scenery or add on is the cause.  If it's only with pg on, I'd say you'll need to fly without pg until the problem can be solved.