TEGB North - error loading 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/'

Issues with loading TEGB North - scenery loads but get the message onscreen as in the log file:

"

There was a problem loading the scenery package:

Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/

The scenery may not look correct.

Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.

"

Also, the attached log file has lots of entries with ERROR and Missing Objects - in Edinburgh & Dundee airports.

I have set Road textures to Transparent in all my 3 TEGB sceneries.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Initially please run via Orbx Central the Verify Files option for those addons, and also the OrbxLibs addon.

I want to make sure you have all the files.Before you do tat though I need you to move any Backup copies of those files you may have if you have the option of amking Backup copies enabled.

This is so that any file verification will come from the server and not from a backup copy which may be corrupted.

Do that and report back.

See the pic below for guidance as to where to look for Backups if you have any:

1463118652_Backupslocation.thumb.JPG.0708c9ace8b2bac27ad958c66c0f21c9.JPG

Hi Jon,

Thank you for your rapid response - I did not expect such stellar service on a Sunday!!!

1. Moved content of Backup folder elsewhere (let the folder remain, though). Backup location currently pints to an empty folder. 

2. In Central 

a. Verified file against all 3 TEGB sceneries

b. Verified files against airports Dundee, Edinburgh & Sumburgh (which has reverse-running traffic - will raise a separate ticket; solution of swapping Traffic.txt as in a similar earlier ticket by someone else did not work)

c. Verified file against OrbxLib

3. Started a flight with Dundee

Unfortunately, no joy. Same error.

Attaching the relevant files again.....

Thanks once again for your prompt response Jon - much appreciated.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

Regarding Sumburgh. the ground traffic file does work. You need to put the attached file into the Sumburgh Roads folder and for luck also place a copy in the main EGPB folder.

Please don't raise another post/ticket as the mod works fine.

GroundTraffic.txt

I am failing to see the cause of the error message. The noted "cannot find" text in the log relates to old orbxlibs files and are not really relevant to your issue as far as i can see. There is however notification of  this:

Unable to locate object: objects/Landmarks_6/TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness.obj

I am attaching a copy of that obj for you to place in your TEGB North/Custom/Objects/Landmarksd_6 folder, to see if that is the issue.

Unzip the file and place it in that folder.

Report back,

TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness.zip

@Jon Clarke--  FWIW. When loading "Dundee" AP  after updating Orbx TE GB North and verifing update through Central, received same error msg.

Installing the above "TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness" obj file you posted above into the "TEGB North/Custom/Objects/Landmarksd_6" folder eliminated the error msg problem.

X-Plane 2021-07-05 11-45-12.jpg

X-Plane 2021-07-05 11-48-59.jpg

Log.txt

Hi Jon,

I confirm that by copying TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness.obj to the destination specified, the error message does not appear with Dundee AP loaded. 

On the other hand, within the Landmarks_6 folder, it appears that each 'object' within it is made up of three parts:

1. XXXXX.obj

2. XXXXX.dds

3. XXXXX_LIT.dds

So should we not place the remaining two parts for TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness as well? No idea what the implications, if any, are.

Thanks once again Jon for speedily resolving the issue.

@Sentry11 - thanks for your inputs too, mate. Much appreciated.

Edited by Hygenus Valentine

@Ed Correia @Tony Wroblewski

There would appear to be a file that is possibly missing after a download of TEGB North.

The file is:

objects/Landmarks_6/TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness.obj

Would it be possible to check the download package to confirm whether or not his is not included for some reason.

Without it we get an Error Message.

Also can you advise regarding the comment:

Quote:

On the other hand, within the Landmarks_6 folder, it appears that each 'object' within it is made up of three parts:

1. XXXXX.obj

2. XXXXX.dds

3. XXXXX_LIT.dds

So should we not place the remaining two parts for TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness as well? No idea what the implications, if any, are.

End Quote

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Ed Correia @Tony Wroblewski

There would appear to be a file that is possibly missing after a download of TEGB North.

The file is:

objects/Landmarks_6/TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness.obj

Would it be possible to check the download package to confirm whether or not his is not included for some reason.

Without it we get an Error Message.

Also can you advise regarding the comment:

Quote:

1. XXXXX.obj

2. XXXXX.dds

3. XXXXX_LIT.dds

So should we not place the remaining two parts for TE_GB_POI_RG_Old_High_Church_Inverness as well? No idea what the implications, if any, are.

End Quote

Thanks

Will need Tony to check. that file is not in our package archives.