Have you taken steps to stop omitting ILS freq in your airports?

I tried my best to get this to your attention after buying KSBA & KTIW early after MSFS release in the hopes you would take action before all subsequent airports are put up for sale, but it seems to have been brushed over.  I'll never buy another one until you get this right.  Please review the threads below and take action, and let us know you're on it.

Here, read this on your forum as I'm not going to spell it all out a 3rd time:

You're welcome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have sent a reminder on your behalf.

Can you guys at least let us know which airports in the Orbx catalog are now considered complete and error-free and which ones still need work on these issues?

Since there's no way to see any change or update logs before buying a product it's difficult to get an idea if these problems are fixed already.

Hello,

as some of these problems with ILS are the result of updates and some are the result of an omission,

it is not really possible to catalogue them without individually testing each ILS in each product.

We must work on the assumption that the majority must be correct, or we would be seeing support

requests to have them fixed.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as some of these problems with ILS are the result of updates and some are the result of an omission,

it is not really possible to catalogue them without individually testing each ILS in each product.

We must work on the assumption that the majority must be correct, or we would be seeing support

requests to have them fixed.

Now Nick, it is SO EASY to test this, and I have to assume NONE of them are fixed.  Not everyone knows or cares about this, but as mentioned, after working w/ Roman Designs of Canada, Roman was able to fix this.  AGAIN:  won't buy another offering from Orbx, and eventually others will see this and follow suit.  Why don't you simply start with the latest offering you sent me a nice email on and tell me what you see:  Van Nuys California.  In fact produce a screenshot of it and I'll buy it.  Of course you will need to install the new Orbx version because default airports work as they should.   Simply open any aircraft w/ the Garmin 3000, go to the MFD > Waypoint Info > Airport > type in the ICAO for Van Nuys, and select the Freq tab and scroll to the bottom.   I'm not going to do it for you but I tell you what I will unsubscribe to alerts from Orbx until this is 100% clarified.

This has NOTHING to do with updates and as this screenshot will hopefully make clear to you, this is FSDreamTeam's CYVR which I bought only because Umberto took the time to resolve the issue as did Roman.  I'm headed for CYVR right now, and here is what shows and what is supposed to show at CYVR as is the case with default airports.  Neither of the airports I bought from Orbx have restored this functionality yet.

CYVR-ILS.png

Edited by Noel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I agree totally, and find it very annoying. I have purchased quite a lot of Orbx addons since MSFS launched, but now think twice before buying here. I find it strange that all the default airfields i have come across, have the ILS info already populating the fmc, yet i have to end up looking up the ILS frequency with your addons. Surely this should still be implemented, as we are supposed to be purchasing an enhanced version of the default product. To leave out vital information for IFR , especailly the major airports is just slack in my opinion.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Car147 said:

...yet i have to end up looking up the ILS frequency with your addons.

Sorry, but looking up freqs. is proper pilot procedure. Every real world pilot has to do this, no matter if his aircraft is able to autotune ILS frequencies or not.

And also even in real world, an ILS freq. can fail to be autotuned due to various reasons. So I would suggest to see your issue as an addition of reality until Orbx or MS/Asobo has fixed it.

And I cannot understand the fuss made only because autotuning of an ILS freq. is does not work. As if this was sooo important.

Tuning of frequencies is part of the game and makes fun.

Sorry  I couldn't resist.

Edited by wolfko
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

And I cannot understand the fuss made only because autotuning of an ILS freq. is does not work. As if this was sooo important.

Tuning of frequencies is part of the game and makes fun.

Sorry  I couldn't resist.

Give me a break Wolfgang.  Remember way back when you needed to make a phone call you needed to look up the number in a paper phone book?  Or, perhaps pull out a paper map when you needed to find an address?  Times and technology change even if you don't care.

Edited by Noel

I was going to write what Wolfko wrote but thought I would take a back seat. But in many ways the omission of the auto tuned frequencies is realistic. If you are relying on ILS to get you down to the runway it is mandatory to have all your frequencies available on a notepad or similar, so as part of setting up your flight you need to have noted them down for easy access. 

Then, when the frequency doesn't appear, you quickly dial it in and get down to the job of landing safely. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1